Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

14 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 4

Cannot Scroll Images Vertically

We noticed this yesterday. The scroll bars no longer appear on desktop when you zoom in on a photo, nor can you use the mouse or keyboard commands to scroll up and down. Issue exists in all browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) and cross platform (Mac and Windows). Entering Full Screen allows scrolling by clicking and dragging, but commenting is disabled. This is essential for us in reviewing photos and art. Please advise.

14 Replies
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Re: Cannot Scroll Images Vertically

Hi there, thanks for the info on this matter and the detailed description provided. 

I’ve forwarded it to our team in order to investigate further.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

I have the same problem, cannot scroll or move around with a mouse in a zoomed jpg.. happens in Safari and in Firefox, with Logitech mouse and Apple mouse.  Dropbox seems not to be able to recognize mouse gestures any more.  This cripples digitization work for botanical images.

Also, no longer possible to  do "full screen" within a browser window.  This is necessary when using text app side by side.  Ability to do that went away just recently, within the last month.

Level 4

Thank you, Jay. I also put in a support request.

Level 3

Unable to go fullscreen or scroll up and down

For a while now, my DB has been acting very strangely. I used to be able to go into fullscreen mode from just my chrome window. I could use Dropbox while also doing other things at the same time. But now the fullscreen mode covers up my entire screen and I can only see the image that I opened.

Also, pressing the right and left arrow keys while in fullscreen mode keeps skipping 2 pages at a time instead of only 1 page at a time.

I exited out of fullscreen mode and used the zoom in/out feature. But I can't scroll up or down. Why are these issues happening all of a sudden? Can anyone help?

Tags (1)
Dropboxer

Re: Unable to go fullscreen or scroll up and down

Hey there @ShinConan - sorry to hear that.

Does this issue persist on other browsers, on an incognito and/or after having cleared your browser's cache? 

If you test this out and it does persist across browsers, would it be OK with you if I reached out to the email address you use for your forum's profile so we can have a further look into this with all of our tools available?

Thanking you for your reply in advance!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

The issue persists on other browsers. I tried Firefox and IE. Same issues. 

I cleared my cache, but the issues are still there.

Yes, you may reach out to me on this email address to figure out what could be causing the issues.

Dropboxer

Thank you for the confirmation @ShinConan - I've just sent you an email so we can work on this together.

Take a look at your email's inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Walter

Level 2

Hello,,

1. Clear cache and cookies.
  2. Check your extension issue.
  3. If the issue still persisit, then reset chrome(browsr) setting.
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Just an update on this matter, the dev team are aware of this matter and are working on fixing it.

Thanks for your help in reporting it!

Jay

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Photos and Videos.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post