cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon RAW (CR2) files appear darker; jpegs ok when uploaded

Canon RAW (CR2) files appear darker; jpegs ok when uploaded

damonfakhri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi all, I just uploaded RAW and jpeg versions of some photos to dropbox. The jpegs appear as normal, but the RAW data photos are showing as darker. Once downloaded from dropbox again, they appear as normal, however. I've never had this problem before. Can anyone suggest what may be happening? Thanks a lot in advance. Damon

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey damonfakhri, thanks for your response on the matter & thanks for the screenshots!

I can clearly see what you meant, & I’d happily investigate this technical issue in more depth with you via email. If you agree to continue this discussion through our Official Support Channel as well, I’ll make sure to get in touch with you from my end. Once you confirm, I’ll write to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks again for posting on the Dropbox Community & I'm looking forward to your next message here!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey damonfakhri, thanks for posting on the Community & welcome aboard! 

In relation to your question, I’m going to go ahead and refer back to this thread (although it isn’t a direct answer to what you are looking for) where Ed mentioned that:

Dropbox won't convert your files - you may be looking at their previews on web but if you upload a raw file, it will remain raw as a file. Try using the desktop app - http://www.dropbox.com/downloading

If you feel though that what you’re experiencing has been troubling you in any way, I’d happily follow-up on it with you. Could you confirm if this issue only occurs on the website or when you sync your files across your devices? Also, could you provide me with a screenshot so that I can have a better understanding of the behavior (omitting personal info)? 

Thanks in advance & I look forward to hearing back from you! Have a great day in the mean time! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

damonfakhri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Lusil, thanks very much for the reply!

I already have dropbox installed on my desktop.

Here is a screenshot of the issue I'm having.

If you can help in any way, I'd very much appreciate it.

Kind regards,

DamonScreen Shot 2018-04-05 at 7.06.06.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey damonfakhri, thanks for your response on the matter & thanks for the screenshots!

I can clearly see what you meant, & I’d happily investigate this technical issue in more depth with you via email. If you agree to continue this discussion through our Official Support Channel as well, I’ll make sure to get in touch with you from my end. Once you confirm, I’ll write to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks again for posting on the Dropbox Community & I'm looking forward to your next message here!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

damonfakhri
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks very much! Yes, I would like to continue this conversation in order to resolve the issue. How do I start the conversation on email? Thanks a lot in advance.

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@damonfakhri wrote:

Yes, I would like to continue this conversation in order to resolve the issue. How do I start the conversation on email? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello, @damonfakhri...

Below are some guidelines for contacting support.

Please post your ticket number here and I'll forward it to @Lusil who can look into it for you.

Phone support is available to Dropbox Business customers, your administrator can give the phone number and required PIN to you.  Basic and Plus accounts use the ticket system.

1. Submit a help request.
  2. Afterwards, you can track your ticket.

Replies usually take 1 to 3 business days with Plus and Pro users getting priority (longer for basic members).

PLEASE BE AWARE:

Do not submit more than one ticket for your particular problem.  Doing so will force your ticket to the end of the queue again which is counter-productive.

SUPPORT OPTIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL & TEAM PLANS:

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

HELP REQUEST TOPICS:

If you cannot find an appropriate help request topic to choose from, then select:

mellenvisuals
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello!

RAW files can appear darker, but they are the files you can work with the most, so once you import them to Lightroom, Photoshop etc. and edit them they will be much higher quality, even though at first glance they appear darker when unedited compared to JPG. I'd recomend editing the RAW files. 

gemmacarey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Damon - did you get a solution to this? I am having the same trouble and it's really frustrating as I'm uploading hundreds of images and need my client to see the true raw files without having to download them! 

mellenvisuals
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

Your client won't be able to see the RAW files without the right application ie. Lightroom/Photoshop. You may have to let them know that these are RAW and unedited, if you're only showing them for selection purposes? 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mellenvisuals New member | Level 2
    gemmacarey New member | Level 2
    310EI Super User
    damonfakhri Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?