cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
In need of some #MondayMotivation? Read more

Compact View for PC Webbrowser and defaulting Root Directory.

SOLVED
1 Comment
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Compact View for PC Webbrowser and defaulting Root Directory.

Good day everyone!

Two questions:

1)  Compact View:  When viewing My Files, how do I compact the listings into smaller boxes?  I have a few folders with many images and media in them.  Scrolling through becomes a huge challenge when all the file names are so spaced apart.  How do I set the view to a very compact setting?  If you need an example, Gmail's compact view or any Windows Explorer window with Details view on.

2)  Default My Files:  When opening dropbox, how do I go directly to the root folder of My Files?  The Home menu isn't very useful for me, and I will not be using the starred items feature.  I rather navigate my folders to find files I'm actively working on.  The concept of starring could be useful, but the time I spend click and unclick stars, I could spend dragging and dropping clutter into the folders they should belong to.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Compact View for PC Webbrowser and defaulting Root Directory.

crackychan wrote:

1)  Compact View:  When viewing My Files, how do I compact the listings into smaller boxes?

There is no such setting. You can switch between grid view and list view by clicking the column header icon above the far right column. You can also use your browser's zoom function to zoom out a bit, which will allow you to fit more rows on the page.

2)  Default My Files:  When opening dropbox, how do I go directly to the root folder of My Files?

There's no way to default to any spcific page. Instead, set a bookmark to the page you want and use that to enter Dropbox.

1 Reply
Solution
Super User II

Re: Compact View for PC Webbrowser and defaulting Root Directory.

crackychan wrote:

1)  Compact View:  When viewing My Files, how do I compact the listings into smaller boxes?

There is no such setting. You can switch between grid view and list view by clicking the column header icon above the far right column. You can also use your browser's zoom function to zoom out a bit, which will allow you to fit more rows on the page.

2)  Default My Files:  When opening dropbox, how do I go directly to the root folder of My Files?

There's no way to default to any spcific page. Instead, set a bookmark to the page you want and use that to enter Dropbox.