Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Single Photos

33 Comments
16 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Deleting Single Photos

I can't delete single photos anymore. It doesn't give me the option. Any solutions?
33 Replies
Super User II

Re: Deleting Single Photos

Where?

We need more info here.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 4

Photos uploaded to camera roll no longer have a delete option on the webinteface. Selecting multiple files and you can only download. 

Level 6

The problem is with the new photos page when viewing Dropbox via a web browser. I also do not see an option for deleting a single (or multiple) photos. Am I missing something?!?!
Level 6

How to delete a photo on new photos page?

Since the photos page changed recently, I do not see an option for deleting a photo (when viewing photos on Dropbox via a web browser). This is true whether it is a single photo or whether I have selected multiple photos. Am I missing something?!? Thx

Dropboxer

Re: How to delete a photo on new photos page?

Hey @YaYaTurre

I'd be glad to send over the steps to follow! 

To delete Photos click on the left top box, select photo as below:

Screenshot 2017-07-26 at 10.11.30 PM.png

then choose Show in folder” (option that pops up on the right of your browsing window). This will redirect you to the original file location where you can hit Delete”.

Please keep in mind that selection of multiple pictures to delete is not currently possible. 

If you need more details about it, please let me know in your reply! 

Thanks, 

JaneA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

Level 6

Thanks Jane for your reply. When I select a photo and choose "show in folder," it does not actually take me to that particular file within the Camera Uploads folder. It simply opens the Camera Uploads folder which lists all of my thousands of photos, starting with the oldest. This means I would have to scroll through all of these to find the one that I want to delete.

All of this is extremely annoying and unnecessarily complicated. Dropbox should simply add a delete option to the photos page.
Super User II

YaYaTurre wrote:
When I select a photo and choose "show in folder," it does not actually take me to that particular file within the Camera Uploads folder.

Sounds like you're having a browser issue because it definitely takes you to the folder with the file selected.

295f11b4bce5e929a76cc9af3f9dd44e.gif

You might try clearing your browser's cache/browsing history and then try again, or try another browser.

Level 6

Thanks for the reply. You are right. I see now that the photo is selected in the Camera Uploads folder; however, it does not display on the screen directly. I still have to scroll down the list of photos to confirm that it is the correct photo before I delete it.

In any case, even if this process was working 100% correctly, it is still unnecessarily cumbersome. Why would a photo page not have a delete button?

Thanks to everyone for your help.
Level 4

"When I select a photo and choose "show in folder," it does not actually take me to that particular file within the Camera Uploads folder."

This happens to me too, mac chrome.