Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

6 Comments
2 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Disable camera uploads

This evening my photos have automatically started uploading to camera uploads. I do not have a check box (in the preferences table) to disable the upload (like previous posts suggest). I have also changed my AutoPlay settings (like another post suggested) and still cannot stop the automatic upload.

I have been using DropBox for over a year, and so for it to start doing this today is INFURIATING!

I literally have tens of thousands of photos that are now automatically wasting my DropBox space by being automatically uploaded!!!

I am using version 58.4.92.

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Re: Disable camera uploads

Hi there, is your phone connected to your computer? The settings you changed only apply to camera uploads via the Dropbox desktop application, when a device is connected to your machine.

If however you haven’t connected any phone to your computer, most likely you have enabled camera uploads on a mobile device. 

You can follow the steps here to cancel the uploads on your mobile device.

If this doesn’t solve your issue, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

6 Replies
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there, is your phone connected to your computer? The settings you changed only apply to camera uploads via the Dropbox desktop application, when a device is connected to your machine.

If however you haven’t connected any phone to your computer, most likely you have enabled camera uploads on a mobile device. 

You can follow the steps here to cancel the uploads on your mobile device.

If this doesn’t solve your issue, please let me know!

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

Yes! Thank you! That actually seems to have worked!

Jay,

I'm having this problem when putting the photo card from my camera into my iMac (desktop computer).  I take dozens of data intensive raw photos and don't need to upload them all.   I just want to select one or two to upload manually and edit in Photoshop.  The forced uploading of the entire photo card doesn't just jam up my dropbox account but the process hogs so much computing power that it disables my photo processing apps until the upload is complete.  This can easily take 5 minutes and interrupts work flow. 

If there is no simple solution, I'll be forced to close my dropbox account. 

Super User II

Just go into Dropbox Preferences, on the Import tab, and disable Camera Uploads.

Level 2

Would love to know how to disable camera uploads, because my drop box app doesn't have such an option. It points me to auto-play (which seems to revert back to drop box ad nauseum) and has a drop-down for importing 'photos' or 'photos and videos'. Where's the "STOP THIS" button?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Banacek, those settings you’re referring to are for Windows, whereas the previous are for Mac.

In the Autoplay settings, if you see any sections that state Dropbox, change them to any other option, save the changes, and then close that window.

Have you also disabled camera uploads in the mobile app?

Jay

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Photos and Videos.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post