cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Whatā€™s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How can I download multiple files of videos?

How can I download multiple files of videos?

dolphin2013
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, I have a folder full of videos and I need to download more than one at a time. In the newest and latest version on Dropbox that I have, there is no checkbox next to each file, nor is there an ellipsis. Everytime I click on a video, it opens. I cannot select it, hold shift and then select 10 more in order to download them all at once. Please help, this seems insane that it cannot be done.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Is this within a folder in your own Dropbox account, or from a link to a folder that was given to you? If it's from a link that was given to you, the only option you have is to download the entire folder or download one file at a time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Is this within a folder in your own Dropbox account, or from a link to a folder that was given to you? If it's from a link that was given to you, the only option you have is to download the entire folder or download one file at a time.

dolphin2013
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, it was a link to someone else's folder. That clears up the issue as to why I can't download more than one at a time. Thanks!

thom f.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do you download if it's a file in a folder in my account? Used to be able to do this easily. Are they trying to discourage us from doing so, for some reason?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @thom f.

If youā€™re trying to download a file, follow the steps below:
  1. Locate the file in question.
  2. Click on the ellipsis (ā€¦) on the right-hand side. 
  3. Select Download from the drop-down menu that appears.  
If youā€™d like to select multiple files to download, then please check the box thatā€™s on the left-hand side of each file and then click Download that appears on the right side of the screen. 

If youā€™re still having some trouble with this, can you please provide some additional info on what it is youā€™re trying to achieve? Could it be that youā€™re referring to the Dropbox mobile app instead of the website

Let me know and Iā€™ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers! :upside_down:

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.] 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    thom f. New member | Level 2
    dolphin2013 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?