Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Dropbox Showcase - transparent PNG files with white strokes not visible

Level 4

I'm uploading icons to a Dropbox Showcase page. They are PNG files with a transparent background. I have a set with black strokes which view fine. I also have a set of icons with white strokes, and they appear in Showcase as just a white box. Is there a way to preserve the transparency for the preview?

7 Replies

Re: Dropbox Showcase - transparent PNG files with white strokes not visible

Dropboxer
Hey @MR_LAM, could you please provide a screenshot (omitting personal info) illustrating this so a to have a better understanding of what you’re seeing? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Sure - see attached. The top of the image shows some of the black icons set, and the bottom shows how the white outlined icons are appearing. Both the black and white icons are transparent PNG files. Thanks for your reply and if you can help!

Level 4

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.52.35 AM copy.jpg

Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshot, @MR_LAM!

Hmm. thinking face Could you also provide me with an additional screenshot, illustrating what you want the previews of the images on the Showcase to look like? 

For troubleshooting purposes, could you also try switching to another browser or using incognito to check if you’re experiencing the same behavior?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 4

Thanks for trying to help. I would basically want the white icons to appear same as the black ones - except with white lines. Which means they would need a slightly off-white background like the rest of the page and not a white box as it currently appears.

Dropboxer
Thanks for clarifying that for me, @MR_LAM

Although there isn’t currently an option to change the background of a showcase, that’s definitely a great idea to share with the dev team. As such, I’ve forwarded this to them for review. 

I know that this may not be the response you were looking for, but I hope this helps to some extent. If you have any other comments you’d like me to pass along to the team, don’t hesitate to get back to me. slightly smiling face

Lusil

Level 4

Ok, thanks! Basically if there was a way for a PNG file with a transparent background to be viewed in its original form on a Showcase page - that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox Showcase - transparent PNG files with white strokes not visible
7 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post