Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox uploading raw files as jpg

8 Comments
4 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Dropbox uploading raw files as jpg

I'm syncing my raw photos to Dropbox but they have all been converted to jpg when I check my online Dropbox. Ive tried downloading them but they stay as jpg. Google search tells me its possible to upload raw to Dropbox, but I'm confused as to how, can anyone help ?

8 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Dropbox uploading raw files as jpg

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

Level 1

Yes, the filed still won't upload in raw.

Level 4

i am having the same problem...any ideas anyone please?

Level 1

Seriously, uploading RAW images as JPG is a filthy form of betrayal. Unacceptable. 

Level 1

My keynote has been converted to a jpg file?Why is this?

Level 2

I tried uploading RAW files from Alpha 6000 and Nikon D3300. Both are tranferred with a JPG extension but with the size of the RAW files.

The Sony file has no preview available, so I assume it just gets the wrong extension. The Nikon file has a preview but also the size of a RAW file.

Dropboxer

Hi @kukulcan,

I'm assuming you're viewing/downloading these files on Dropbox.com

What happens when you tap the ... (three dots) on the top right corner and select the "Download" option? The file should download as the original raw file. 

Please report back if that fixes your issue.

----------
Mobile engineering @ Dropbox
Level 2

Just tested, iOS, copy files from SD to camera, then, sync camera roll by Dropbox App. Result is, if sync raw only, it's find. If sync raw + jpg, the orginal jpg disappeard, and the raw file renamed to jpg. I think, maybe the 'rename' function of the app mix up those 2 files as they have the same shoot time.

Dropbox, please fix it, thanks.