Did you mean: 

File permissions in shared folders

SOLVED
4 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

File permissions in shared folders

I have a folder which contains copyrighted photos.  I want to allow a potential client to access these as VIEW ONLY, without the ability to download the files.  Can you tell me how to do this please?  BTW - this is in Dropbox Pro.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: File permissions in shared folders

Sharing a link or folder with download restrictions is not a feature today. However, this is a known request for several industries.

For now you could watermark images and embed copyright info in the image metadata.

4 Replies
Super User II

You cant. Sorry.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Solution
Dropboxer

Sharing a link or folder with download restrictions is not a feature today. However, this is a known request for several industries.

For now you could watermark images and embed copyright info in the image metadata.

Level 2

It is absolutely crazy that this is not a feeature. It is a MUST for photographers, allowing people to preview photos.

Level 2

I agree this is unacceptable to not have as a feature. I will have to look somewhere else and probably have to cancel my dropbox plan. Sad.