cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files with photos became a pdf file

Files with photos became a pdf file

natski
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I just created a file of photos to share with friends.  I  had everything the way i wanted it, but when i shared the link it became a .pdf file.  That makes no sense!  

Has anyone had this problem and if so, what did i do wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
If you shared a folder and invited people to it, by default they have edit access as well. This means they can add, change or delete the files within it. If they dragged the files out of the shared folder, thinking that they were making a copy or moving them intentionally, the files would be removed from your Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

natski wrote:

I  had everything the way i wanted it, but when i shared the link it became a .pdf file.  That makes no sense! 

You're right, that doesn't make any sense, because Dropbox can't do that. Exactly how did you try to share the photos?

natski
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thanks for your reply Rich. Looking back at the files, I now see that I indeed uploaded the PDF's as a reference for the 150 photos I also uploaded. But the photos are gone and the PDF's are still there! Can someone viewing my Dropbox take the photos out? Could it be a space issue (my Dropbox is almost full, so it may not have saved at all?)
This was an important work related project, a proposal we lost because the photos were not there. I find the whole Dropbox system confounding.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
If you shared a folder and invited people to it, by default they have edit access as well. This means they can add, change or delete the files within it. If they dragged the files out of the shared folder, thinking that they were making a copy or moving them intentionally, the files would be removed from your Dropbox.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    natski Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?