cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view a directory of pics as thumbnails instead of file details (as an alternative)???

How do I view a directory of pics as thumbnails instead of file details (as an alternative)???

Stephanie B.24
New member | Level 1

I have a directory of pics. I used to get a little preview pic of each one. Now all there is is the file information. is there a way to toggle the display so I can see the pics as preview/thumbnail?
Here is an example:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zolbjagj4quslny/AAAP2lKQc8CxurnQR8GmqhmIa?dl=0

10 Replies 10

Ed
Dropbox Staff

Hi there

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Stephanie B.24
New member | Level 1

Of course I needed a workaround, but I still need the answer... thanks.

Frank L.33
New member | Level 1

A friend just sent me a bunch of pics via dropbox.  But there are a lot of them in a list.  Is there a way to display them as thumbnails so I can tell which ones I want to look at without opening all of them individually?

Stefanie
Dropbox Staff

Hi all,

When you share a link to a folder, the recipient will have the ability to switch between a list view or a thumbnail view.

You can find this icon in the upper right corner just under "download":

I hope this helps.

Bernard L.2
Explorer | Level 4

The trouble isn't for those who a folder is shared with, the problem is for the account owner. I can only view my files as a list with details preceded by a very tiny mini-thumbnail. 

To view my own files as a contact sheet aka "icon-view" aka large thumbnails, I have to log out from a browser. Then open a new browser using a generated shared URL 

The only other work-around I can think of is to stay signed in and open a new private-browser window using a generated shared URL.

This is a PITA schenario to follow slowing my workflow. Negative productivity values here!

1. Dropbox-SIGNED-IN-list-view-file-size-column-NO.jpg
  2. Dropbox-SIGNED-OUT-list-view-file-size-column-YES.jpg
  3. Dropbox-SIGNED-OUT-view-thumbnails.jpg

Stephanie B.24
New member | Level 1

Wow, Bernard. I have not needed this answer for over a year, but thank you for the very clear answer. I may need this in the future. All the best. -- S

Bernard L.2
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox account owners —when signed-in— are not seeing the "file-size" column either. The only details shown are file-name and date of modification.

Dropbox developers, you can do better, and you should!!! 

Bernard L.2
Explorer | Level 4

My pleasure Stephanie 🙂  Cheers

Bernard L.2
Explorer | Level 4

I realized I needed to re-edit the screenshots I had posted. I hope that didn't cause Dropbox to generate additional email to announce that this thread has new comments! If so, my apologies.

Peace

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sjpt New member | Level 2
    Bernard L.2 Explorer | Level 4
    Stephanie B.24 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?