cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to get url with .jpg end and what works with [img] tags?

How do I embed images with a direct link from Dropbox?

Millenium
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to share my pictures to forums where pictures are embedded like [img]http://imageurl.jpg[/img].

How to share pictures from Dropbox to the forums like that? I cant find a option where to get direct urls.

20 Replies 20

wigwamtoys
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there, sorry to barge into a solved post but I'm having the same issue and raw=1 didn't solve my problem. I did make a thread here but i guess it's really a duplicate issue so I  thought I'd ask here too? Trying to hotlink via spreadsheet upload

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Sharing-and-collaboration/Hotlinking-images-not-working/m-p/276720#M...

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@wigwamtoys wrote:

... the links do not pull through and download from dropbox like they have done with other hotlinks i've made on our site.

All of your links appear to be working just fine, so this isn't a Dropbox issue. The problem is likely in how you're linking them or how your shreadsheet program is handling the links.

https://i.gyazo.com/a5f5cf00703cb83f5a27e29832f9388a.gif

wigwamtoys
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I see..strange. When I tested them they worked for me too; the raw image just opening as it should in my browser.

Thanks for the reply :cry: Wonder how i can solve my issue lol

silvanet
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

OK, that doesn't work for me at all. I'm not allowed to even see the link created. If I just copy the link from the address bar, it doesn't work. I don't get the "should look something like this" link you mention. I can't share a public folder with just anyone who has the link to the folder or files in it. I can only share with specific persons I email the hidden created link to. I sent it to myself and it doesn't let you see the link. All you can do is click to see the image. I then copied the link from the browser address bar. It looks nothing like your example. There is no ?dl=0 or anything at the end of it. The name of the image file is not even exposed. What am I missing?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@silvanet wrote:

I'm not allowed to even see the link created.

Yes, you can. After the link is created you'll see two links in the Share settings for the file; Link Settings and Copy Link. Click on Copy Link and the proper link will be copied to your clipboard. Paste it where you need it and change ?dl=0 to ?raw=1.

https://i.gyazo.com/1d9745b40e485f5bdce469c6f46b7812.gif

silvanet
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
OK, I don't know how I missed that before. I never saw the "Anyone with the link can view this file" option. It just wasn't there. That's why I had to share it with myself, and it still didn't let me see it. Don't know why now it's appearing.

Anyway, still doesn't work for me. I'm trying to link a background image for FreeCodeCamp Challenge on CodePen. I can get it to work on GitHub. I can even create a folder to hold the image file instead of hosing it somewhere. CodePen just messes it up and shows a band of the image. Help on the FCC forum told me sites like Imgur and Google don't allow images to be used on webpages. People said Cloudinary was working, but it didn't work for me either. This may be a CodePen problem. Thanks for your kelp.

silvanet
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
By the way, that's really a cool recording of what you did. How did you do THAT?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@silvanet wrote:
By the way, that's really a cool recording of what you did. How did you do THAT?

I use Gyazo.

silvanet
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Went there but don't see at all how to do the little videos. It just appears to do screen captures. It looked like it was taking some time, so I clicked on something in the capture area and all I got was a black screen with a cursor moving.

silvanet
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Need more support?