cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Did you know you can get an answer in less than 2 hours? Try asking a question now!
14 Comments
14 Likes
Highlighted
Level 6

I can no longer scroll through videos in the web interface

When I click on a video within a folder, I used to see arrows to be able to scroll through all the videos in the folder. Now, I do not get them. I can only scroll through the photos in the folder, not the videos.

Why was this useful functionality removed? I will have to seek an alternate platform for sharing videos if this is not resolved.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer

Re: I can no longer scroll through videos in the web interface

Hi guys,

Thank you for your feedback on this feature. Unfortunately we had to temporarily remove the ability to flip through videos from our player on dropbox.com. We're working on some overall quality of life improvements to our website video player, including the best way to add video flipping back in. I'll update y'all with more details as soon as I have them. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 

Frank

14 Replies
Dropboxer

Hi there, are you referring to the Photos tab on the Dropbox site, or were you navigating a normal folder on your Dropbox account?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 6

Navigating in a folder as I say in my initial question.
Dropboxer

Navigating through the folder using photos is possible but not with videos. When was the last time that you were able to do this?

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 6

A couple months ago. I don’t remember the exact date. Could you check with your engineering team if this was a deliberate change or if it is just a bug?

FWIW, the new behavior is inconsistent with that of the mobile app - where you can swipe through videos and photos together. It should just work the same when using the web interface.
Dropboxer

I’ve forwarded this information to the dev team about this matter. Hope this helps!

Jay

Level 6

Okay. Please reply to this thread once you have determined if this was a deliberate change or just a bug that will get resolved soon. If it is the latter, I will continue using Dropbox for photo/video sharing for now with the hope the bug will get fixed soon.

Level 5

I have the exact same problem, and also want to confirm that this is fairly recent -- a couple of months ago I could cycle through my videos normally.  

Level 6

Thanks @ahmzak for the confirmation. Glad I wasn't imagining things!

I have contacted Support to see if they might have details on whether this is a bug or a deliberate change in behavior. Once I hear back, I will update this topic for the benefit of the community.

Dropboxer

Hi guys,

Thank you for your feedback on this feature. Unfortunately we had to temporarily remove the ability to flip through videos from our player on dropbox.com. We're working on some overall quality of life improvements to our website video player, including the best way to add video flipping back in. I'll update y'all with more details as soon as I have them. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 

Frank

Photos and videos

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
  • mohit
  • Jay
  • ahmzak
  • dixonsb2