cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I'm unable to comment on a specific frame in a video on Dropbox following the Help Center steps.

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to comment on a specific frame in a video on Dropbox. In the help pages, I'm told this is possible in the following way:

------------

How to comment on a specific time in a video

You can comment on a specific time in a video preview on dropbox.com. To comment on a specific time in a video:

1. Open a link to a video file, or open a video file on dropbox.com.
  2. Navigate to the time in the video where you want to leave a comment.
  3. In the comments pane, check the box next to the time stamp.
  4. Type your comment into the textbox.
  5. Click Post.

Note: Commenting on a specific time in a video isn’t available to all users or on mobile devices. It is available on dropbox.com for all supported video file types.

---------

However, there is no 'box next to the time stamp' in the comments pane. The help file says "isn't available to all users" but is no more specific - how can I access this functionality? I am working on a MacOS Sierra, using Safari and Chrome browsers.

Many thanks

Tom

3 Replies

Re: Commenting with video time stamp

Dropboxer
Hey Tom (tomwexler), thanks for flagging this on our Forum! 

I followed the same steps you incuded in your previous post here & got the same behavior on my end, so I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email, in order to forward your request to a specialized colleague, who’ll best address your inquiry. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my email & I’ll make sure to promptly follow-up with you asap. 

Thanks in advance for your time & efforts & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: I'm unable to comment on a specific frame in a video on Dropbox following the Help Center steps.

Dropboxer
Hey all, I’m just updating here for anyone else reaching this discussion with the same question, as this is a feature that's still under beta, & has only been released to a few users at this time for testing purposes.

As of yet, we don't have any details on when this will be fully released to all users. However, you may reach out to us via email if you'd like us to log your interest with our dev. team. 

I hope this helps to answer your query!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: I'm unable to comment on a specific frame in a video on Dropbox following the Help Center steps.

Dropboxer

Hey! 

Just wanted to let any new readers know that this feature has been released to everyone:

https://blog.dropbox.com/topics/product-tips/time-based-commenting-audio-video

https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/comment-specific-part

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm unable to comment on a specific frame in a video on Dropbox following the Help Center steps.
3 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post