cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

If I delete a photo from my Dropbox folder, will it be deleted from another PC folder?

I uploaded photos using the Dropbox Ap on my phone, then to my PC. Once uploaded I copied them from the Dropbox folder (via PC ap) and now am looking to delete them from Dropbox, however when I go to do that it says that they will be permentley deleted from all devices. Does this mean that they will be deleted from the new folder I made on my PC? I want to make sure that the photos stay on my PC and permentley delete from my Dropbox. 

Thanks!

1 Reply

Re: Deleting photos

Dropboxer
Hey there @michelledenice

Any changes applied to content in your Dropbox folder will be synced across your account. Any files outside of your Dropbox folder that are stored on your computer are not affected. 

For example, if you delete a file in your Dropbox folder, that deletion will be applied to the website and any other connected device that has the desktop or mobile app installed.

As such, if you have the a photo in your Dropbox folder and the same one in another location on your computer, when you delete it from your Dropbox folder, it will only be removed from your Dropbox account, not from the other location. 

Finally, if you accidentally delete a file or folder from your Dropbox account that you want to recover, you can find more info and relevant steps here

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

If I delete a photo from my Dropbox folder, will it be deleted from another PC folder?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post