cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to get the geotag information from photos?

Is there a way to get the geotag information from photos?

RedBaronDE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I realised that photos synchronised with dropbox and then beeing shared or downloaded are losing their geotags.

Is there a way to get to the geotag information of these photos, so that they can be opended in programs like geophoto showing the right location.

The information must be available somewhere, because when synchronising the files with to different computers the geotags are beeing transfered. Therefore I think, it must be a download problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedBaronDE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

Problem with the download from the website is solved.... don't know why, but it works now. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, @RedBaronDE!

Just to ensure initial troubleshooting, I wasn’t able to find something similar to this on an Android device. If you’re referring to an iOS though, I was able to see more info on the location of a photo with the steps below:
  1. Open the mobile app. 
  2. Tap on a photo.
  3. On the bottom left corner, there should be an “i” icon - select it. 
From there, you should be able to preview additional details regarding the image in question if you have the relevant setting enabled. 

However, are you unable to preview the location of a photo once you export or download the photo from the mobile app? Are you trying to do this from the desktop app or the website, instead? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

RedBaronDE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

thank you very much for your advice. Indeed I am using apple and the proceeding you mentioned works. 🙂 Iam gratefull for that.

The Problem occures when I download the photos from the dropbox website and try to open them in a program like geophoto.

RedBaronDE
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

Problem with the download from the website is solved.... don't know why, but it works now. 🙂

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
That’s great, @RedBaronDE! Thanks for keeping me in the loop. :innocent:

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give me a shout and, in the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead. 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    RedBaronDE New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?