cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile: Exporting: "Save to Camera Roll"-option not available

Mobile: Exporting: "Save to Camera Roll"-option not available

Andreas W.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi!

I use dropbox to sync up my files from my computer to my mobile devices (iphone and iPad). When I tried this morning to save my files to my phone, I discovered that the "Export"-button was missing and had been replaced by a share button (profile with a plus sign next to it). So my question is: How do I download my files (images in this case) to my camera roll on my phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Tap Share via... and then Save Image.

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Jon S.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same problem. This was working yesterday but the export function is not appearing today. Last night I updated the app to version 10.2.2 Is this a bug in the latest version or has it been removed intentionally?

error23 _.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I was wondering the same. The app is useless without this feature. I hope this is a bug (huge one) and it's not been removed on purpose. Cmon dropbox.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen. Tap Share via... and then Save Image.

error23 _.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

@Rich R. Really bad UX here..

Andreas W.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Totally agree error23.

And thank you Rich for clearing everything out.

Jon S.12
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Rich, glad to find this again. This is not intuitive ui or language though, not surprised it was hard to find...

Chris P.21
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I actually had to look up how to save my image in iOS today after the update.  THAT MEANS THE UX UPDATE WAS A FAIL.   (Thanks to the person who posted the answer) 

Also, there is a difference in 'Share via' vs. just 'Share' option you get in the folder view.  'Share' doesn't bring up the iOS menu to save the image... Probably you wouldn't consider saving the image to the camera roll as 'Sharing' it. 

Michael D.25
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This was a very poor design choice. Not intuitive at all and the additional steps are too time consuming. Please correct soon. 

Jason L.13
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Life saver. On a different note... Who approves these updates?! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    androidRegrets Helpful | Level 6
    acachia New member | Level 2
    dojima Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?