Did you mean: 

Moving Photo From Dropbox Link to iPhone

SOLVED
2 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5

Moving Photo From Dropbox Link to iPhone

I sent my wife a link to a photo in my DropBox account - she opened the photo on her iphone but then didn't know how to move it to iphotos .
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Level 5

Re: Moving Photo From Dropbox Link to iPhone

Thanks Rich , I figured it out after some trial and error - when you click the sharing link a screen comes up and at the top to the right of the word DropBox there's a download symbol , i.e. a picture of an open box with a down arrow - you tap the symbol , select "direct download" , and then on the next screen select upload - a 4-sided box with an up arrow - and then finally "save image" on the next screen - the pic goes into camera roll on the iphone and then simultaneously , in our case, into Google Photos.

2 Replies
Super User II

A link to a photo likely opened in Safari or some other web browser. She needs to use whatever functionality is in the browser to save the image to her Camera Roll (it's a function of the phone, not Dropbox). That's probably something like a tap and hold to get a menu, and then tapping Save Image. It might vary depending on the browser she's using.

Solution
Level 5

Thanks Rich , I figured it out after some trial and error - when you click the sharing link a screen comes up and at the top to the right of the word DropBox there's a download symbol , i.e. a picture of an open box with a down arrow - you tap the symbol , select "direct download" , and then on the next screen select upload - a 4-sided box with an up arrow - and then finally "save image" on the next screen - the pic goes into camera roll on the iphone and then simultaneously , in our case, into Google Photos.