cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Did you know you can get an answer in less than 2 hours? Try asking a question now!
2 Comments
2 Likes
Highlighted
Level 5

Moving Photo From Dropbox Link to iPhone

I sent my wife a link to a photo in my DropBox account - she opened the photo on her iphone but then didn't know how to move it to iphotos .
1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 5

Re: Moving Photo From Dropbox Link to iPhone

Thanks Rich , I figured it out after some trial and error - when you click the sharing link a screen comes up and at the top to the right of the word DropBox there's a download symbol , i.e. a picture of an open box with a down arrow - you tap the symbol , select "direct download" , and then on the next screen select upload - a 4-sided box with an up arrow - and then finally "save image" on the next screen - the pic goes into camera roll on the iphone and then simultaneously , in our case, into Google Photos.

2 Replies
Super User II

A link to a photo likely opened in Safari or some other web browser. She needs to use whatever functionality is in the browser to save the image to her Camera Roll (it's a function of the phone, not Dropbox). That's probably something like a tap and hold to get a menu, and then tapping Save Image. It might vary depending on the browser she's using.
Level 5

Thanks Rich , I figured it out after some trial and error - when you click the sharing link a screen comes up and at the top to the right of the word DropBox there's a download symbol , i.e. a picture of an open box with a down arrow - you tap the symbol , select "direct download" , and then on the next screen select upload - a 4-sided box with an up arrow - and then finally "save image" on the next screen - the pic goes into camera roll on the iphone and then simultaneously , in our case, into Google Photos.

Photos and videos

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
  • Donald N.2
  • Rich