Did you mean: 

Moving Photos to Dropbox from my PC

SOLVED
3 Comments
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 2

Moving Photos to Dropbox from my PC

I would like to move all my pictures from my computer to DropBox. Is there a way to do that where I could just click a couple buttons and they all would be moved, rather than uploading each individual folder one at a time. I have many folders and would like to simplify it if possible.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Moving Photos to Dropbox from my PC

Hey @ljh515, welcome to our forum! 

There is an easy way to upload your photos, and other files, to Dropbox easily. 

You can download and install our desktop app on your computer, and use it to transfer all your content. You will have a Dropbox folder on your computer, that will look and behave just like all the other folders on your computer, with the exception that anything you put inside it will automatically upload to your online Dropbox! 

So, once you have our app installed, it will sync all your online content to your computer. Then, you can make a new folder inside your Dropbox folder on your computer, put all your photos in it, and they will sync (upload) to your online Dropbox! 

That’s it. Let me know if you have any further questions on this or anything else. 
Have a great rest of the week slightly smiling face

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

3 Replies
Solution
Dropboxer

Hey @ljh515, welcome to our forum! 

There is an easy way to upload your photos, and other files, to Dropbox easily. 

You can download and install our desktop app on your computer, and use it to transfer all your content. You will have a Dropbox folder on your computer, that will look and behave just like all the other folders on your computer, with the exception that anything you put inside it will automatically upload to your online Dropbox! 

So, once you have our app installed, it will sync all your online content to your computer. Then, you can make a new folder inside your Dropbox folder on your computer, put all your photos in it, and they will sync (upload) to your online Dropbox! 

That’s it. Let me know if you have any further questions on this or anything else. 
Have a great rest of the week slightly smiling face

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 2

This is the OPPOSITE of what was asked. The request is for how to easily move photos FROM Dropbox TO a computer or backup harddrive.
Super User II

DLMcIntire wrote:
This is the OPPOSITE of what was asked. The request is for how to easily move photos FROM Dropbox TO a computer or backup harddrive.

Actually, it's not the opposite. The OP asked how to move photos to Dropbox from their PC; not the other way around.

If you want to move your files from Dropbox to a backup drive, just move them like you would any other file or folder on your computer. See below...

If you have the Dropbox client installed and syncing your files, then all of your files will exist in the local Dropbox folder on your computer. Just move files out of that folder (to your backup hard drive, for instance) to remove them from Dropbox. Any files you remove from the local Dropbox folder will also be removed from your account online.

If you don't have the Dropbox client installed and your files only exist online, then the easiest method is to install the client and allow all of your folders to sync to your computer. Once syncing is complete, you can move them out of the local Dropbox folder to your backup hard drive.

If you don't want to install the Dropbox client on your computer, then the only other alternative is to download the files manually from the Dropbox website.