cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

My VR photos are uploaded to Dropbox as .jpg. What should I do?

Level 2

Hi, 

I've uploaded some VR photos to DB as a backup, and it turns out I need them, but DB saved them as a .jpg. Is there anyway I can redownload them to my phone as a VR file? Currently, redownloading and viewing just views the distorted 2d .jpg.

Thanks

5 Replies

Re: Pixel 3 XL VR photos

Dropboxer
Hey @exhaust, kindly note that Dropbox doesn’t alter your files in any way. So as to clarify what could have triggered this behavior, it would be worth checking how your panoramic photos are saved in the first place. In other words, it’s possible to save your photos in various file formats & any setting you apply will be reflected in Dropbox as well (i.e. that’s if you’re saving your pictures there using the mobile/ desktop app).  

Once you gather a bit of detail on the original files’ extensions compared to the ones you can see on your Dropbox account, I’d happily have a second look with you. I’d appreciate a side-by-side screenshot (omitting personal info), as it would point us towards the best next steps; please include it in your next message if possible. 

Thanks for taking the time to work on that with me; I'll be awaiting your next update, so as to further advise!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: My VR photos are uploaded to Dropbox as .jpg. What should I do?

Level 2

Hey,

Just wondering, how are you taking these VR photos?

Level 2

Hi Jane,

I got it figured. For some reason when the file was uploaded it uploaded as Filename.jpg, the phone saves the VR photos as Filename.vr.jpg, not sure why the DB file didnt have it. I edited the filetypes to change it back to .vr.jpg, and resent to the phone, and that worked.

Thanks for your rapid response!

exhaust

Re: My VR photos are uploaded to Dropbox as .jpg. What should I do?

Level 2

Hi,

Its a feature on my phone camera, called Photo Sphere. It allows you to capture and stitch several photos in a sphere around you.  Also panoramas count as a vr photo on this phone as well. 

Also, the phone is a google pixel 3 xl.

exhaust

Dropboxer
Perfect @exhaust; pleased to hear that you managed to get this sorted! I’ve gone ahead & marked your last comment as the Best Answer, since it may be useful to other users having the same question in the future. 

Happy Dropboxing ahead & feel free to ping us here again for more tips & tricks. Take care in the meantime & have a lovely weekend ahead! 😊

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

My VR photos are uploaded to Dropbox as .jpg. What should I do?
5 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post