cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My camera uploads are not syncing with my computer when plugged in

My camera uploads are not syncing with my computer when plugged in

Cips916
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a new phone and set it up with Dropbox, same as my last few pghones. I clicked to verify the new phopne should do camera uploads and nothing happens when I connect it via USB to my computer. The computer asks if I would like to have it connected, but than nothing happens and it tels me that everything is up-to-date (there are 4 days worth of photos that have not synced up).

I've read through the help section tried the preference reinstallign the app, etc. and nothing seems to do the trick. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Cips916 - I've already reached out via email to have a look into this with all of my tools available; thus creating a ticket for you with ID: 8723719

Take a look when you get the chance and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about your camera uploads issue @Cips916 - let's have a look!

Could you try resetting your Camera Upload settings on the desktop app installed on the affected computer?

This will allow your computer to automatically upload photos to Dropbox each time you plug in your mobile device. You can change your import preferences from the Dropbox application on your computer. To do this, follow these instructions:

For Macs: 

• Click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar at the top of the screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel.
• Choose "Preferences".
• Go to the "Import" tab.
• Uncheck and check again "Enable camera uploads for".

This will reset your Camera Upload settings for all your devices. When you connect a device, Dropbox will ask you if you want to import pictures from it.

For Windows: 

• Click the Dropbox icon in the system tray at the bottom right of your screen and then click on the gear in the Notifications panel.
• Select "Preferences".
• In the window that appears, click on "Change AutoPlay Settings".
• In the AutoPlay settings, scroll down and choose the camera (i.e phone in your case) you want to change settings for. It will likely have "Import pictures and video using Dropbox" as the default.
• Click on the drop-down menu and choose "Ask me every time" or choose a different application for importing.

Let me know if this did the trick for you please!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

AnaluGB
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks for your help. The same thing happened on my macbook and with your explanation I was able to reset my preferences and reconnect my iphone with dropbox.

Cips916
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter- Thanks... But I've tried that a number of times and that didn't work, I've actually done that a number of times at this point. I've even unassocaited the phone with Dropbox on the desktop and reassociated it. Even when I do that, Dropbox still tells me that everything is up to date on the MacBook despite numerous days of pics not being uploaded

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Cips916 - I've already reached out via email to have a look into this with all of my tools available; thus creating a ticket for you with ID: 8723719

Take a look when you get the chance and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

teapod
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem but my Mac says it does not detect any new photos to upload. I currently have over 2,000 photos to upload and it is doing so very slow through wifi.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Were those previously uploaded by any chance @teapod?

Can you change your bandwidth settings and let me know if you still notice this? If you do, could you share the exact status of the desktop app as shown on your Mac's menu bar

If you're using the mobile app, could you ensure you're running the most recent version (https://www.dropbox.com/mobile) and your mobile device's OS as well? 

Let me know what you find!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    teapod New member | Level 2
    Cips916 New member | Level 2
    AnaluGB New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?