cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My video small never finishes uploading.

My video small never finishes uploading.

jjfraulynn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am trying to upload a 683 MB video and it is never done uploading. The progress bar is full and it says there are 0 seconds left, but it won't actually complete. I've tried it twice and this last time I waited for over 12 hours but it still says the same thing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@jjfraulynn wrote:

I have a basic account and this is my first upload. So it says I'm using 0 of 2GB

Hello, @jjfraulynn...

Thank you for clarifying.

Are you currently just using Dropbox's web interface?  You should login to your Dropbox account to verify that your video didn't upload (look here).

Listed below for your convenience are a few tips regarding installing the Desktop Client in case I'm not around when you come back.  It's much more reliable for uploading large files.

I recommend that you try the newest stable build (offline installer) vs any beta versions that are available (v48.3.57).  After installing it, please restart your computer.  Be certain that you use the same Dropbox login credentials when you sign-in to the Desktop Client.

Afterwards, any Folder/Files that are stored in your Dropbox account will download (sync) to your computer's hard drive (located inside the Dropbox Folder).

Of course any of the Folders/Files located on your C-drive that you MOVE into your Dropbox Folder will be uploaded to your Dropbox account (uploading is a time-consuming process).

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@jjfraulynn wrote:

I am trying to upload a 683 MB video and it is never done uploading.

I've tried it twice and this last time I waited for over 12 hours but it still says the same thing.

Hello, @jjfraulynn...

First, let's start by checking your current storage space level since you didn't specify what type of account you use (eg: BasicIndividual or Team).

How much storage space is available when you look here (eg: 300 MB of 2 GB used)?  If you're over your storage quota then your files won't sync (upload).

jjfraulynn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a basic account and this is my first upload. So it says I'm using 0 of 2GB

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@jjfraulynn wrote:

Hello, @jjfraulynn...

Thank you for clarifying.

Are you currently just using Dropbox's web interface?  You should login to your Dropbox account to verify that your video didn't upload (look here).

Listed below for your convenience are a few tips regarding installing the Desktop Client in case I'm not around when you come back.  It's much more reliable for uploading large files.

I recommend that you try the newest stable build (offline installer) vs any beta versions that are available (v48.3.57).  After installing it, please restart your computer.  Be certain that you use the same Dropbox login credentials when you sign-in to the Desktop Client.

Afterwards, any Folder/Files that are stored in your Dropbox account will download (sync) to your computer's hard drive (located inside the Dropbox Folder).

Of course any of the Folders/Files located on your C-drive that you MOVE into your Dropbox Folder will be uploaded to your Dropbox account (uploading is a time-consuming process).

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

jjfraulynn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This worked instantly, thank you!

310EI
Super User
Go to solution

@jjfraulynn wrote:

This worked instantly, thank you!

Hello, @jjfraulynn...

That's terrific news... you're welcome.  I appreciate that you let me know it worked.

Thank you for marking my post as a solution :white_check_mark: - much obliged.

Shailendrakgiri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi

Can we help you at all?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.] 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Shailendrakgiri New member | Level 2
    310EI Super User
    jjfraulynn New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?