No Camera uploads folder

SOLVED
3 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

No Camera uploads folder

Hello,

This question may sound dumb, but I just realize I dont have the Camera uploads folder on my Dropbox. I just hit the upload photos button when connecting my phone to my computer. Then now I dont know where my photos are uploaded. 

Silly question it may sound, but is this a problem with anyone and could you please tell me how to locate the backup photo folder?

Thank you.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
New Super User

Re: No Camera uploads folder

The Camera Uploads folder should be in the root of your Dropbox, and will be created if it doesn't exist already. As far as the lack of one, the PC upload process via the prompt you encountered can take some time. If your phone has a lot of storage, or doesn't have a lot of photos and videos that haven't already been uploaded, it may take time for the client to find and copy them to your Camera Uploads folder. In any case, I can't imagine it would take more than 15 or 20 minutes unless you have a large amount of storage in your phone (for example, I've got a 256GB SD card in mine).

Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope that helps.

Did this post help you? If so, please mark it for some Kudos below.

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so, please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post fail to resolve your issue? If so, please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember, we cannot see over your shoulder, so be as descriptive as possible!

3 Replies
Solution
New Super User

The Camera Uploads folder should be in the root of your Dropbox, and will be created if it doesn't exist already. As far as the lack of one, the PC upload process via the prompt you encountered can take some time. If your phone has a lot of storage, or doesn't have a lot of photos and videos that haven't already been uploaded, it may take time for the client to find and copy them to your Camera Uploads folder. In any case, I can't imagine it would take more than 15 or 20 minutes unless you have a large amount of storage in your phone (for example, I've got a 256GB SD card in mine).

Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope that helps.

Did this post help you? If so, please mark it for some Kudos below.

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so, please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post fail to resolve your issue? If so, please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember, we cannot see over your shoulder, so be as descriptive as possible!

Level 2

Thank you Andy. I got the folder in my dropbox now. Your response did help, thank you!

Bhupendrasingh