Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

No picture for video on RCA tablet

Level 3

Hello, When I open a video in dropbox, instead of it playing, like it did last week, there is audio, but no video. I can use a diffrent video player to open it but when I do, it takes a while to do something that looks like it is "downloading" to the device.

I am using this for tarining and want it to be a easy as push to play, like it did last week, not having to wait up to two minutes for a download. Plus I am concerned that if it is downloading to the tablet, I may run out of space. I wanted this to be on dropbox only.

I Have seen other posts that are simalar, but they don't speak to why it has to "Download" and why I need to use a differnt player, all of a sudden. I don't know why it has changed just in a few days?

It works fine on my laptop, as it should, but on the RCA tablets I have setup for training, they are not playing corretly anymore, as they did before. Has there been an update lately that would have affected this?

Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: No picture for video on RCA tablet

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that, @Ribguy

As a first step, could you please clarify if you’re previewing this through the mobile app or a web browser?

Furthermore, could you please let me know the file type in which you’re trying to preview the file in, as well as the size? 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

I am using the Dropbox app on the tablets. The videos are fairly small, 3 to 5 minutes long, file size below 300 MB, they are short training videos. They are MOV files, but we tried another format type and got the same result as well, not sure what type that was, someone else is helping with these. All of the movies used to work fine and now they don’t.

Thank you!

Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional details, @Ribguy!

Hmm. thinking face I’d recommend continuing this discussion via email due to account-specific info that’s needed to further investigate. As such, I’ve contacted you directly to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

No picture for video on RCA tablet
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post