cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that Dropbox uploads .heic files from newer iPhones, does that include Live Photos?

SOLVED
1 Comment
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Now that Dropbox uploads .heic files from newer iPhones, does that include Live Photos?

There's a long-running thread about Dropbox's lack of support for Live Photos on iDevices, but I notice that Dropbox now supports the new .heic format. Does this include the motion part of a live photo too?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Now that Dropbox uploads .heic files from newer iPhones, does that include Live Photos?

Currently, this isn’t supported. That is, if you save a Live Photo to your Dropbox, it will not be live online, or if you download it. The Live info is not being uploaded with the photo. I’ve just attempted to do this here, and no matter what I tried, no Live Photo. 

Not sure if this is something that will be fixed” by us or by Apple. 
I’ll see what I can find out, and get back to you winking face

Cheers! 

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

1 Reply
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Now that Dropbox uploads .heic files from newer iPhones, does that include Live Photos?

Currently, this isn’t supported. That is, if you save a Live Photo to your Dropbox, it will not be live online, or if you download it. The Live info is not being uploaded with the photo. I’ve just attempted to do this here, and no matter what I tried, no Live Photo. 

Not sure if this is something that will be fixed” by us or by Apple. 
I’ll see what I can find out, and get back to you winking face

Cheers! 

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face