Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos no longer displaying

SOLVED
2 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted

Photos no longer displaying

Up until yesterday embedded images were formatted like this dropbox.com/u/####/folder/filename.  They had no extension, but were working fine.  Today all the images stopped working.  I went in dropbox and it says it can't view files without extensions, which is fine, so I added .png and changed the links in the img tags.  They display in dropbox now, but still didn't work on the website.  The only way I can seem to get the images to appear now is to generate a link, /s/##letters##/filename.ext?raw=1  

Did something change?  Is there a simpler way to do this. Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Photos no longer displaying

TechieMomma wrote:

They were formatted like this dropbox.com/u/####/folder/filename.

You were using the Public folder to host these images. The Public folder was a feature that was deprecated in October of 2012, replaced by Share Links. The Public folder feature was fully removed on September 1, 2017.

The only way I can seem to get the images to appear now is to generate a link, /s/##letters##/filename.ext?raw=1

That's the corret way to use Dropbox to host an image now. There's no other way to do it.

2 Replies
Solution
Super User II

TechieMomma wrote:

They were formatted like this dropbox.com/u/####/folder/filename.

You were using the Public folder to host these images. The Public folder was a feature that was deprecated in October of 2012, replaced by Share Links. The Public folder feature was fully removed on September 1, 2017.

The only way I can seem to get the images to appear now is to generate a link, /s/##letters##/filename.ext?raw=1

That's the corret way to use Dropbox to host an image now. There's no other way to do it.

Well, goodbye dropbox....