cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Did you know you can get an answer in less than 2 hours? Try asking a question now!
2 Comments
2 Likes
Highlighted
Level 3

Photos no longer displaying

Up until yesterday embedded images were formatted like this dropbox.com/u/####/folder/filename.  They had no extension, but were working fine.  Today all the images stopped working.  I went in dropbox and it says it can't view files without extensions, which is fine, so I added .png and changed the links in the img tags.  They display in dropbox now, but still didn't work on the website.  The only way I can seem to get the images to appear now is to generate a link, /s/##letters##/filename.ext?raw=1  

Did something change?  Is there a simpler way to do this. Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: Photos no longer displaying

TechieMomma wrote:

They were formatted like this dropbox.com/u/####/folder/filename.

You were using the Public folder to host these images. The Public folder was a feature that was deprecated in October of 2012, replaced by Share Links. The Public folder feature was fully removed on September 1, 2017.

The only way I can seem to get the images to appear now is to generate a link, /s/##letters##/filename.ext?raw=1

That's the corret way to use Dropbox to host an image now. There's no other way to do it.

2 Replies
Super User II

TechieMomma wrote:

They were formatted like this dropbox.com/u/####/folder/filename.

You were using the Public folder to host these images. The Public folder was a feature that was deprecated in October of 2012, replaced by Share Links. The Public folder feature was fully removed on September 1, 2017.

The only way I can seem to get the images to appear now is to generate a link, /s/##letters##/filename.ext?raw=1

That's the corret way to use Dropbox to host an image now. There's no other way to do it.

Level 2

Well, goodbye dropbox....

Photos and videos

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
  • ForcedtoCreate
  • MemberMouse-LLC