cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent images in a folder from appearing on the Photos tab

Prevent images in a folder from appearing on the Photos tab

Pierre P.1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Is there a way to exclude a folder from being index to Photos?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Pierre P.1, thanks for checking in with us on this inquiry!  

You may keep in mind that this isn’t currently an available feature within Dropbox, as your Photos view (online & on your phone) is automatically updated with all the pictures stored on your account. I do appreciate your interest though & I’ve made sure to pass your comments along to the development team for future consideration. 

I’ve also had a look & I could see that you’ve also posted your request on the Share an Idea section of the Forum, so rest assured that if there’s an update, you’ll be notified there:wink:

Thanks again for posting us on the Dropbox Community  & I’m wishing you a creative & fruitful rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey Pierre P.1, thanks for checking in with us on this inquiry!  

You may keep in mind that this isn’t currently an available feature within Dropbox, as your Photos view (online & on your phone) is automatically updated with all the pictures stored on your account. I do appreciate your interest though & I’ve made sure to pass your comments along to the development team for future consideration. 

I’ve also had a look & I could see that you’ve also posted your request on the Share an Idea section of the Forum, so rest assured that if there’s an update, you’ll be notified there:wink:

Thanks again for posting us on the Dropbox Community  & I’m wishing you a creative & fruitful rest of your day! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
This used to be a feature on the Photos page before they removed it, along with just about every other photo feature that we had. Dropbox clearly has little interest in photos now. They continue to remove features and then spin things as though it's better now, when in reality the Photos page is all but useless now.

Dropbox is no longer the tool for photo management that it once was.

gadgetgeek76
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Jane,

This is a HUGE HUGE request for me too. I really miss this feature. I've been a paid subscriber of Dropbox for years. 

If you could request this from me the team, I would SUPER appreciate this. 

Kindest Regards

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for sharing your thoughts here gadgetgeek76 & welcome to the Dropbox Forum! 

I’ve already made sure to add your voice to the feedback gathered internally, as I understand that this functionality would be useful to you.

Please don’t hesitate to write us here again at any time in case you need further clarifications or you’d like to share your thoughts, we’re always here for you. Until then, take care & I'm wishing you a wonderful rest of your day! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    gadgetgeek76 Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?