cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting all starred photos

Selecting all starred photos

bobbo1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I need to select all of the photo's that we recently starred.  The only way I can see them all together is on my homepage but from there you cannot select multiple photo's and there are no checkboxes.   Shift or control mouse clicks don't work.

When I go to the folder I know they are in there is no way to sort by "starred" or filter "starred".

A star appears next to those photo's which have been starred when I am in that folder but as soon as I click the checkbox the stars for all other "starred" photo's just disappear.

I have also tried searching for "starred" photo's in the search bar but it doesn't come back with the correct results.  

I had my wife go through over 6,000 photo's to figure out which one's she'd like in our holiday calendar and she "starred" over 300 photo's.  

Also tried going into the attributes on the local files on my PC hoping that there was some tag that dropbox adds to these files that I could sort by but still nothing.

If I can't figure this out I am a DEAD man LOL!  Really not funny 😞

Is there is no way other way to do this other than opening each individual picture from my homepage and downloading them 1 at a time?

27 Replies 27

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@pablopk wrote:

When it comes to file organizing and photo organizing in particular Dropbox is beyond inadaquete.

Dropbox's photo mamangement used to be more than adequate, and in fact better than most other services, but they've been going backwards in recent years. We've lost Carousel (a fantastic app to manage photos on a mobile device), Albums, the previous design of the Photos page (hell, the entire website design sucks now!), the basic capabilities to manage the photos in the main location we're viewing them from, etc. Each change is accompanied by a message that they're looking into ways to improve the site, but improvements never come. Dropbox says they'll launch improvements as they learn how we prefer to work with Photos, but the ways we've preferred have all been removed.

Fact is, Dropbox is no longer the best tool for photo management, and they seem to not care about that anymore. They continue to remove features in the name of improvement, but actual improvements never come, and I seriously doubt that they ever will at this point. Photo and video management is just not on their radar anymore.

pablopk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I agree. And I use Dropbox primarily for other purposes myself. I suspect they have decided photo storage is something they want to actively discourage, if their updates and changes are any indicator. Which is fine, I guess. But when my current subscription is set to renew I expect I will pay for cloud storage in another location that both provides for document and file sharing, but also allows for easy photo management and sharing; unless that trend reverses.

JaneCameron
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Agree totally. Most annoying thing ever. Just wasted unbelievable amount of time on a project with a v tight deadline. Fuming. Dropbox, this seems like such a basic requirement - to be able to  move and manipulate selected photos. 

BobbeeV
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I’m about done downloading all content from Dropbox because of this. If you have Amazon Prime it’s a MUCH better deal and photos can be moved around.

AreYouKiddingMe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is laughably bad.  One more reason why other cloud companies are eating Dropbox's lunch.  This was their race to lose and they're actively working to lose it.  I'm picturing some overpaid kid in a hoddie saying, "nah, the users are wrong on this one."

I especially love how our options for @Rich's posts are to upvote or to upvote. "Works as designed" is the least helpful, most infuriating thing one can say to a group of users who say the design is crap. Whoever wrote the use case for "star to display on home page and do practical" clearly hasn't used any other apps or websites before.

kymdusting
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Yep, please add the ability to select all starred (or even create tags and select by tag?).

Thanks.

gah
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Allow me to add my dissatisfaction with and disappointment in the Star function.

A <Select all starred> function (both within folders, and in the aggregate starred view) would be the logical second half to the starring function. Then the function to move/copy the selected files to an existing/new folder.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Feel free to start a feature request thread in the Share feedback forum.

This thread is now closed. If you have a similar question you can start a new thread. If you have a feature request or suggestion, you can post it in the section listed above.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    gah New member | Level 2
    kymdusting Helpful | Level 5
    AreYouKiddingMe New member | Level 2
    BobbeeV Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?