Star ratings

SOLVED
15 Comments
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 2

Star ratings

Hello, 

anyone know how to filter starred files so I can see which ones the client likes?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Star ratings

Dropbox doesnt have star ratings I'm afraid, so, it is something else you or you and your client are using which is allocating ratings.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

15 Replies
Solution
Super User II

Dropbox doesnt have star ratings I'm afraid, so, it is something else you or you and your client are using which is allocating ratings.

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 10.36.47 AM.pngWhat is this?

Super User II

That just means it has been marked by you as a Favourite.

As I said. Dropbox does not have a star rating system.

Level 2

Ah ok, so how do you only show favourited images?

Super User II

Whats the URL of the page you are seeing as I'm pretty sure you cant. They are marked as favourites by YOU not anybody else.

Level 2

So if I mark them as favourites ( shown by a star next to the file name) you are saying there is no way to view only the favourited files?

Super User II

I'm pretty certain, yes.

But thats why I asked where you are doing this and if I can get a URL for the website so I could check.

Note that if its on a Dropbox mobile app then it means its marked as a favourite and marked for offline viewing.

Level 2

I'm having this same issue (using Dropbox on the web). I was excited to use the favorite feature for my own personal use to identify favorite photos, but I cannot find a way to view my favorites all in one place, and when scrolling through photos in List view, the stars doesn't even show up unless I'm hovering over the place where a star would be. This seems like a totally useless feature if there is no way to access favorites alone.

Has anyone had success actualy using the Favorites feature to isolate favorites...?

Super User II

Is this at www.dropbox.com/h ?

If so they only relate to Dropbox Paper files and not documents within your account.