cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Save to Photo Library

Unable to Save to Photo Library

Fanny E.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Recently my mobile dropbox has been unable to save photos to my photo library on my iPhone 5s. I have never had a problem with this before and am now not sure what to do. I have tried to download multiple pictures with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

steph g.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just experienced this for the first time. Sucessfully exported several photos to my camera roll (as I have been doing for years with the Dropbox app), and suddenly one got the error. Then all subsequent tries on any other photos got the error. Quit the app, turned phone on and off. No dice. Plenty of space on the phone, internet connection fine, settings in Dropbox to allow use of cellular data.

What solved it was updating the app. Perhaps folks who experiece this while on the latest version would have to actually delete and reinstall the app to get rid of this problem. 

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Kaz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Fanny

Can you clarify what you mean by photo library please?

Bruce S.20
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same thing has been happening to me as well. When I attempt to save a picture from Carousel to my camera roll, I get this message:

Save Photo Failed

There may be a problem with your internet connection. Please try again.

I asure you, there are no issues with my internet connection. This started about a week ago. I thought maybe the update to iOS 9 would help, however still the same. I can email pictures directly from Carousel, but that's not the most convenient way to get pictures back.

iPhone 6

iOS 9

Raúl S.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I get the exact same message, cannot save, share, etc. It just recently happened after uploading to iOS 9. This happens on an iPhone 6. 

Bruce S.20
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It actually started happening to me about a week before iOS 9 update.

Damien P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue here on iPhone 6 plus.  Carousel says "Save Photo Failed.  There may be a problem with your internet connection.  Please try again"  I have tried and tried and still unable to save a single or any photos to my iphone from the Carousel app.  There is no connection problem nor storage issue with the iphone.  Google photos (an excellent alternative app by the way !!) has no such problems and I can save photos from their app to my iphone.  Is dropbox/Carousel going to fix this issue?

Oli B.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

The same thing is happening to me. It's driving me insane as I upload all my photos (to save space) and download as needed. This started before I updated to iOS 9, and I thought it may get sorted updating - but oh no... I really hope Dropbox/Carousel pull their finger out ASAP before I figure out how to send my photos elsewhere... 

Matthew B.70
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am getting the exact same error.  Had it on my iPhone 5 and now my 6 plus.  Perfect internet connection, plenty of storage, same error constantly.  I have tried on multiple wifi connections (home, work, in-laws, etc).

EDIT:

For reference, I have made sure that Carousel has access to my Photos app.  I figured it did since it would upload, but wanted to make sure.

Damien P.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I think it started after I installed the googlephotos app. Anyone had the same?

Daren F.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same thing with me.

iOS 9.0.1 on iPhone 6.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JJ G. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Tom R.26 New member | Level 1
    Adriano V.3 New member | Level 1