Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download a folder of images

4 Comments
4 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Unable to download a folder of images

Okay so i've reached maximum capacity for a free user, and im trying to export all of my images onto an external hard drive to make room for new images. However when i attempt to download the folder or anything in a .zip folder, i get [failed - network error]. my internet isnt fantastic, but it does work and i am able to download single files. I understand that it isn't possible to download anything over 1gb or 10,000 files, there are only 500 photos and even downloading a few of them shouldn't be an issue. If you could provide me with a solution to downloading all of my photos that would be great. its been quite frustrating and the fact that i cannot download my own files is concerning. at this stage im considering just changing over to google drive.

thanks

4 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Unable to download a folder of images

Hey @jakeyboy

I'd be glad to follow-up on your query! 

Seems that you're using the website to get these files down to your device locally, so it s highly likely that your connection is interrupted (& consequently the download because of your network limitations). When it comes to folder downloads through the Dropbox website, you may keep in mind  that the following limitations apply:

• The folder should be less than 20 GB in total size
  • The folder should have fewer than 10,000 total files

To my mind, the best course of action is to use the Dropbox desktop application to get these files down to your account. 

(Tip: Did you know that you can earn some more space, following these simple steps or sending referrals? )

Hope the above information is helpful to you, let me know in your reply if you need more details!
Wishing you a great weekend ahead! smiling face with sunglasses

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

Super User

Hello, @jakeyboy...

The network error message is somewhat vague and there could be an intermittent problem with your network connection, etc.  Assuming that you've tried to download the images on several occasions without success, I'll move forward with a few suggestions for you to try at your convenience.

You didn't specify but it sounds like you're currently using Dropbox's web interface.

Have you tried using a different browser to login to your Dropbox account and download the zipped images (eg: Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome)?

If you don't want to download a different browser then try using private browsing or incognito mode (add-ons/extensions don't usually load):

Another choice would be to install the Dropbox's Desktop Client to download your images to your hard drive.

I recommend that you try the newest stable build (offline installer) vs any beta versions that are available (eg: v36.3.19).  After installing it, please restart your computer.  Be certain that you use the same Dropbox login credentials when you sign-in to the Desktop Client.

Afterwards, your Folder/Files that are stored in your Dropbox account will download (sync) to your computer's hard drive (located inside the Dropbox Folder).

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

Super User

Jane wrote:
Hey @jakeyboy
I'd be glad to follow-up on your query! 

I apologize, @Jane... I was working on my answer and didn't look back at the thread prior to posting it like I usually do.

You can remove my response if you want to... no worries nerd face

Dropboxer

Hey @310EI

Absolutely no worries, it happens all the time! upside-down face Robot

Of course I'll have to refuse to remove your reply Speak No Evil, since it's very detailed & it definitely contributes on the topic. Besides, it'll probably help the user investigate the matter & look for the root cause. 

(On the side note, I'd like to encourage tagging on threads from now on if needed!)  

Hope you have a great weekend ahead! smiling face with sunglasses

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow