Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Uploading photos and videos - date error

When I'm trying to upload photos and videos through the app, it's pulling photos from last year and thinking that they were taken on March 4th, 2019.  The process is below.  I've got a Galaxy S9, Dropbox app version 132.2.2.

Open the app

Go to the folder I need

Click on add

Then Upload Photos or Videos

It brings up my camera roll

Everything is correct until I get to March 4th, and then on March 4th it has 1,400 or so photos that were taken last year.  

Scroll down a lot and get to March 3rd, and everything is ok again.  

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?  It's a fairly recent glitch.  

7 Replies

Re: Uploading photos and videos - date error

Dropboxer

Hey there @Istartedthejoke, that sounds strange indeed. 

Could you provide me with a screenshot of this (omitting any personal information) so I can have a further look into this?

If that's not possible, please let me know if it would be OK with you to reach out to your Dropbox associated email address to work through this together (and with all of my tools available).

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Can you reach out to my Dropbox associated email and I can share screenshots that way?

Dropboxer

I just did @Istartedthejoke  - thanks for confirming!

Take a look at my message (ticket with ID:9000123 ) and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

It keeps giving me a login error.  So here are my screenshots.Screenshot_20190312-094255_Dropbox.jpgScreenshot_20190312-094345_Dropbox.jpgScreenshot_20190312-094353_Dropbox.jpg20190312_094505.jpg

Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know about this. Are you having troubles logging into Zendesk maybe? Am I correct to assume that?

As I understand it, you're having issues resetting your password for Dropbox Support on Zendesk. I will be more than happy to investigate this issue.

Your login information for Dropbox Support is in no way linked to your login information for your Dropbox account. Therefore, I will be unable to assist with resetting that password.

If you are experiencing any issues with your Dropbox password, please visit the following:

Please enter the email address associated with your Dropbox account. You'll then receive an email from no-reply@dropbox.com with the steps to reset your password.

If you don't receive an email after a reasonable amount of time, please check your spam folder to ensure that no-reply@dropbox.com is not blocked. You can also add no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book and request another password reset email.

At this point, I'll need to revert to email communication as I'll need account specific information to continue troubleshooting so please check my message and we'll take it from there.

Walter

Yes.  It said there was an error logging into Zendesk with my Google account.

Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know @Istartedthejoke .

At this point, I'd suggest that you logged a ticket with our Support team and let me know the ticket ID here so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap. 

You can do so from the following page:

https://www.dropbox.com/support

Thanks again!

Walter

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Uploading photos and videos - date error
7 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post