cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you tell me why I can no longer stream videos?

Can you tell me why I can no longer stream videos?

Kelley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So I have developed an issue where I can no longer stream videos on dropbox.  I work at a law office and we are currently reviewing a huge amount of video files. I am suspicious that drop box is limiting my bandwidth as I have been using so much lately. Can you tell me why I can no longer stream videos?  I should probably also say that I have been streaming and listining to 3 at the same time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Through Dropbox.

Free users only get a 20gb/day streaming limit across all of their files (or 10,000 clicks) if they are a free user (200gb/day if paying).

Also, please remember that Dropbox will only show you the first 15 minutes of a video via the website regardless of how long the video is.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Are you getting any errors etc. ?

Are they coming from the same account?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kelley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

No errors.  The videos were shared by a different office, so not through my account.  They just wont buffer.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Kelley wrote:

No errors.  The videos were shared by a different office, so not through my account.  They just wont buffer.

It's possible that the account that owns the videos has reached their bandwidth limits. Is it only videos from their account? Have you tried any others?

Kelley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It is only videos from the one individual account.  Do you mean they reached their bandwidth with their service provider or through dropbox?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Through Dropbox.

Free users only get a 20gb/day streaming limit across all of their files (or 10,000 clicks) if they are a free user (200gb/day if paying).

Also, please remember that Dropbox will only show you the first 15 minutes of a video via the website regardless of how long the video is.

Kelley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you that was the info I was looking for!

patariro999
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

WHAT device you have,ipad can play previw on drop box, but kindle fire hd can not drop box may be support kinfle device , may be.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
This is via the website patariro999.

patariro999
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply

Kindle not support Dropbox officially by kindle account suport,

DropBox may be use kindle device but not compleate. then

on line streaming may not be  available at Kindle fire hd,

If you can download Dropbox apl  in your device, kindle fire hd will play streaming video.

There is not DropBox APL in kindle store but Google play. I can download DropBox

APL, its download method find on  Internet blog.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

patariro999 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
    Kelley New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?