Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Video playback is hyper speed

Level 3

I have had videos on my Dropbox accounts for months and they have played in regular speed. All of a sudden they are playing much faster than normal speed and the audio is out of sync with the video.  What would make this happen all of a sudden?

3 Replies

Re: Video playback is hyper speed

Dropboxer
Hey there (@Tjhart826), just so as to determine the best course of action moving forward, would you mind letting me know whether you’re currently viewing your files using our Website 🕸️ or on your mobile device iphone? Have you tried re-creating that across platforms by any chance? 

From there, I’m wondering if this is a shared file that has been corrupted somehow (eg. is it placed in a shared folder by any chance)? For that reason, I’d suggest checking back at the Version History of the file in question on your account online (tip: it’s on the on the 💬). 

Following, is it a specific file/filetype that’s causing you trouble? Have you tried checking whether other other files with the same file extension playback as expected? Kindly bear in mind that the speed or quality at which your audio file is being played in the preview on the Dropbox website can be changed by following these steps: 

Spoiler

#1. Open your audio file on https://www.dropbox.com
#2. Click on the gear icon in the lower right corner of the video player 
#3. Choose either speed or quality
#4. Choose the setting you would prefer for your preview

Once I have these details, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to gather this info for me & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Hi:

I have answers to your questions below:

I have tried to use a number of options to troubleshoot the issues

Browsers I have tried: Chrome, IE, and Safari

I have tried to use the app on iPhone and iPad

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no luck.

Operating Systems that have been in use at this time: Windows 10 and iOS

I have placed the videos in the deleted folder and restored them with no luck as well.

All the files are .avi

The original files work just fine on my desktop

In addition:

the none of the files are shared to anyone or another location

the version history only has one, simply because I deleted and restored a small set of the files.

All of my AVI files have the same issue.

They all used to work just fine, but not anymore.

Dropboxer
I appreciate your cooperation & thanks for taking a bit of your time to let me know of how this discrepancy appears on your end (@Tjhart826). I’d like to dig a bit deeper & have a closer look on your setup through our Official Support channel. So as to investigate having all our tools available, I’ve made sure to reach out to you directly via email gathering all the details you’ve included on this discussion. 

Whenever you find some time, please check your inbox for my message & I’ll make sure to promptly get back in touch with you asap. I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Video playback is hyper speed
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post