cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video preview not showing the complete screencap of the video, but zoomed in one.

SOLVED
11 Comments
11 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6

Video preview not showing the complete screencap of the video, but zoomed in one.

Recently the video preview has changed, so that it does not show the complete screencap of the video file but zoomed in preview picture. This is irratating especially when going through video surveillance material since the preview does not show the complete captured image area. You have to actually play the file to see the complete image area of the video. Why this was changed and is there are setting to set it back how it used to be?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User

Re: Video preview not showing the complete screencap of the video, but zoomed in one.

Glockster wrote:
Hello. Thank you for your reply. This issue is with desktop computer with Win7 and Firefox 55.0.3 (might be other browsers as well, have not tested) but main complaint is, it used to show complete preview screenshot of the video (a single frame) just couple of weeks ago, when now it is not. 

Hello, @Glockster...

You're welcome and thank you for the screenshots.

Your preview of the "zoomed-in still frame" could be browser related... possibly if Firefox had an update and then you noticed the change.  I don't have any videos uploaded to my Dropbox account so I cannot see if the same thing appears in Chrome.

If you have Chrome installed, perhaps you can take-a-look.  Otherwise, if you want to share a video link with me via a PM (private message), I'll look at the "still frame" with Chrome on a Win7 machine.

Please keep in mind that the most important thing is that your video plays correctly (eg: formats properly, not zoomed-in, etc).  However, we'll still dive-in to your concern and see where it leads us.

Let me know if you have Chrome installed or if you want to send a shared link of a video to me via PM.

11 Replies
Super User

Re: Video preview not showing the complete screencap of the video, but zoomed in one.

Hello, @Glockster...

You didn't offer any specifics as to what tools you're currently using to accomplish your task, such as; operating system or what type of device (eg: computer, phone or tablet).

Have you tried downloading the entire video file to your device to view it?  If not, you should do so because there are limitations for previewing files.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

• What types of files can I store or view on Dropbox?  This shows you the types of files that can be previewed from the website (including any file limitations).  Be aware that if the files are password protected then you won't be allowed to preview them.
Level 6

Hello. Thank you for your reply. This issue is with desktop computer with Win7 and Firefox 55.0.3 (might be other browsers as well, have not tested) but main complaint is, it used to show complete preview screenshot of the video (a single frame) just couple of weeks ago, when now it is not. It is showing a preview yes, but is rather zoomed in screenshot of a video frame (pan & scan one might say). Ones you hit play, it does show the whole image area. No need to download the file to be able to see it. Preview is the issue.
Level 6

Preview screenshot

preview1.jpgplay1.jpg

Play screenshot

Level 6

Solution
Super User

Glockster wrote:
Hello. Thank you for your reply. This issue is with desktop computer with Win7 and Firefox 55.0.3 (might be other browsers as well, have not tested) but main complaint is, it used to show complete preview screenshot of the video (a single frame) just couple of weeks ago, when now it is not. 

Hello, @Glockster...

You're welcome and thank you for the screenshots.

Your preview of the "zoomed-in still frame" could be browser related... possibly if Firefox had an update and then you noticed the change.  I don't have any videos uploaded to my Dropbox account so I cannot see if the same thing appears in Chrome.

If you have Chrome installed, perhaps you can take-a-look.  Otherwise, if you want to share a video link with me via a PM (private message), I'll look at the "still frame" with Chrome on a Win7 machine.

Please keep in mind that the most important thing is that your video plays correctly (eg: formats properly, not zoomed-in, etc).  However, we'll still dive-in to your concern and see where it leads us.

Let me know if you have Chrome installed or if you want to send a shared link of a video to me via PM.

Super User

Level 6

Tested with Chrome, same result.

Level 6

yRe: Video preview not showing the complete screencap of the video, but zoomed in one.

But your point in case is true, files do play fine. This zoomed-in issue is merele an annoyance. I appreciate your effort on looking into this.

btw. Now that I think back, this started to happen after Dropbox introduced this new look/layout.

Dropboxer

Re: yRe: Video preview not showing the complete screencap of the video, but zoomed in one.

Hey @Glockster

Thanks for sharing this feedback here regarding the preview window, much appreciated! 

I got the same experience as you when I tested, so I I understand the reasons why it might seem inconvenient to you & I've made sure to pass your feedback & comments along to our team as for future consideration. 

If there's anything else we could do to help, please let us know here and it'll be a pleasure to follow-up. 
Hope you have a great weekend ahead! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow