cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos freeze after few seconds

Videos freeze after few seconds

Loveafrica
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am working on an ipad Pro.

A few months ago I puchased a tutorial consisting of 11 seperate videos which required me to use Dropbox to download them. All these videos worked perfectly at first. 

Now, 3 months later, every video on opening begins playing correctly then after about 45 - 60 seconds the picture freezes, the voiceover is silent but the timer continues to roll as though the video is still playing.

Please can someone be kind enough to help me solve this problem.

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Loveafrica
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Jane

I couldn’t solve the problem despite helpful suggestions from your community, so I was given access to the original videos as a collaborator on the author’s site.

I have since deleted the troublesome videos from my Dropbox.  

‘Thanks to all who offered help. I am most grateful. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Did you download them to the device and open them in a media player app on the iPad, or are you just streaming them through Dropbox from the original source?

Loveafrica
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello Rich

thank you for responding. 

I an streaming from original source. 

If there is an app I can get to try, that would be great. 

Although I have worked with computers all my working life (I’m now a pensioner!) Dropbox has me beaten!

Thanks again!

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Loveafrica, apologies for getting back to you in delay. Are you still facing this issue? 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Loveafrica
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi Jane

I couldn’t solve the problem despite helpful suggestions from your community, so I was given access to the original videos as a collaborator on the author’s site.

I have since deleted the troublesome videos from my Dropbox.  

‘Thanks to all who offered help. I am most grateful. 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for looping back to me to let me know of the progress @Loveafrica, much appreciated!

It’s my understanding that this has now been fixed for you with this workaround, though I’d like to quickly remind you that we’re always here for you in case you may need any additional assistance in the future, so please feel free to post us at any time. Take care until we talk again! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Loveafrica
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you so much. 

A very caring community and your help is much appreciated. 

emma5
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This happened to me too.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey emma5, thanks for reaching out to us on our Community on this behavior, let me follow-up a bit more closely with you! 

For starters can you let me know if you had received these videos in a view-only shared link :link: or someone invited you to a shared folder :dividers:? Does that happen with all your videos or just some of them? I’d greatly appreciate any detail you could share with me here, so as to get a better understanding of what’s happening. 

I’ll be awaiting your next post here, so as to work together on a fix! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    emma5 New member | Level 2
    Loveafrica Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?