cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to all my pictures if I delete the Dropbox app from my iPhone?

What happens to all my pictures if I delete the Dropbox app from my iPhone?

Maeghan F.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Will I lose all my pictures if I delete the app on my iPhone?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

That just means it will delete the local data for that application, not your files, etc. Any app that you delete from your phone will say the same thing.

Deleting the app from your phone will not delete any of the files in your account.

View solution in original post

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Do you mean deleting the photos on iPhone Photos app? In that case, it wouldn't delete them in Dropbox on your computer. However, if you delete the files in your iPhone Dropbox app, it will delete everywhere in Dropbox including your computer and Dropbox web.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Maeghan F.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

When I went to delete the app off my iPhone, it said "deleting this app will delete all it's data"

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

That just means it will delete the local data for that application, not your files, etc. Any app that you delete from your phone will say the same thing.

Deleting the app from your phone will not delete any of the files in your account.

Viola S.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How do I get my pictures out of the cloud after I delete Drop box? I don't use the app and I want to put my pictures on an sd card to save them.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Go to Dropbox and delete them. 

www.dropbox.com/home

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Viola S.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution
  1. I don't want to lose my pictures. If I delete them from Drop box do I still have them in my tablet or on my computer?  I had some pictures on my tablet a d now there are blank squares . Says  can't download

peter c.76
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Just had a message my drop box will drop from 48gb. How can i check all data you hold is copied or downloaded to my pc before the offer ends. As i have thousands of pics uploaded to drop box and hopefully downloaded to my pc at home.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Theres no automated way to do it - you need to do it yourself. 

However, the drop in quota only stops you uploading more. It won't stop you downloading. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

peter c.76
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

So they will always be safe 

Kiante H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I know this post is old but kind of experiencing the same thing, so will this work for Android as well? I have a moto x and it's saying that Dropbox is using (645mb)/of space and if I delete the app will that delete my photos?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Gail W.2 New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
    Pamela R.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?