cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I keep getting a "waiting for faster network" message for camera uploads?

SOLVED
4 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Why do I keep getting a "waiting for faster network" message for camera uploads?

I keep getting a "waiting for faster network" message for camera uploads, even though I have a strong 4G signal. I have unlimited data through Verizon and always keep wifi turned off to save battery power. I'm using a Moto 4G phone running Android 7.0. Until recently, uploads went automatically.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Why do I keep getting a "waiting for faster network" message for camera uploads?

Hey @mpoatsy

Thanks for getting in touch on the Dropbox Community regarding this matter, I'd be glad to clarify! 

Please keep in mind that the issue you are experiencing is actually a known limitation on our app, since the app was built in a way that when a user sets his device to roaming mode, the uploads won't complete to avoid to use too much data on your data plan.

To work around that, you could try uploading your files in smaller batches. 

Hope this information helps, please let me know if you need more details about it!

Wishing you a great weekend ahead, 

JaneA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

4 Replies
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Why do I keep getting a "waiting for faster network" message for camera uploads?

Hey @mpoatsy

Thanks for getting in touch on the Dropbox Community regarding this matter, I'd be glad to clarify! 

Please keep in mind that the issue you are experiencing is actually a known limitation on our app, since the app was built in a way that when a user sets his device to roaming mode, the uploads won't complete to avoid to use too much data on your data plan.

To work around that, you could try uploading your files in smaller batches. 

Hope this information helps, please let me know if you need more details about it!

Wishing you a great weekend ahead, 

JaneA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

Level 2

It happens when I'm not in roaming mode. It happens when I'm connected to a Verizon network. If the setting "How to upload" is set for "Wi-Fi or data plan", it should go ahead and upload the pictures even if not connected to wifi. That setting seems to be ignored in the current version.

Dropboxer

Hey @Grandpart

I’m just checking in to see how this is going. We do have a newer version of our mobile app (60.2), so I wonder if you can make sure you’re running it, and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, and have a great weekend smiling face with sunglasses

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Dropboxer

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT
Thank you!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face