cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Did you know you can get an answer in less than 2 hours? Try asking a question now!
4 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 2

Why do I keep getting a "waiting for faster network" message for camera uploads?

I keep getting a "waiting for faster network" message for camera uploads, even though I have a strong 4G signal. I have unlimited data through Verizon and always keep wifi turned off to save battery power. I'm using a Moto 4G phone running Android 7.0. Until recently, uploads went automatically.

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer

Re: Why do I keep getting a "waiting for faster network" message for camera uploads?

Hey @mpoatsy

Thanks for getting in touch on the Dropbox Community regarding this matter, I'd be glad to clarify! 

Please keep in mind that the issue you are experiencing is actually a known limitation on our app, since the app was built in a way that when a user sets his device to roaming mode, the uploads won't complete to avoid to use too much data on your data plan.

To work around that, you could try uploading your files in smaller batches. 

Hope this information helps, please let me know if you need more details about it!

Wishing you a great weekend ahead, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

4 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Why do I keep getting a "waiting for faster network" message for camera uploads?

Hey @mpoatsy

Thanks for getting in touch on the Dropbox Community regarding this matter, I'd be glad to clarify! 

Please keep in mind that the issue you are experiencing is actually a known limitation on our app, since the app was built in a way that when a user sets his device to roaming mode, the uploads won't complete to avoid to use too much data on your data plan.

To work around that, you could try uploading your files in smaller batches. 

Hope this information helps, please let me know if you need more details about it!

Wishing you a great weekend ahead, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

It happens when I'm not in roaming mode. It happens when I'm connected to a Verizon network. If the setting "How to upload" is set for "Wi-Fi or data plan", it should go ahead and upload the pictures even if not connected to wifi. That setting seems to be ignored in the current version.

Dropboxer

Hey @Grandpart

I’m just checking in to see how this is going. We do have a newer version of our mobile app (60.2), so I wonder if you can make sure you’re running it, and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, and have a great weekend smiling face with sunglasses

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

Dropboxer

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT
Thank you!

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

Photos and videos

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
  • Grandpart
  • Sanchez
  • Jane