cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

certain mp4's wont download to ios device from dropbox

certain mp4's wont download to ios device from dropbox

Michael M.122
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have one mp4 that will download, and one that wont, they were rendered in exactly the same way, and others wont download. Very frustrating, I can see no reason for this to happen. If someone knows why this may be happening please let me know at your earliest convenience

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smn p.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Ok, I recompressed the unsuccessful sets into smaller file sizes and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for watching folks 😅

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mariedb
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there!

If you are favoriting an mp4 file on your iOS device to download it, you will have to make sure that you have sufficient space on your device for the file. To check this, go to your phone Settings > General >About

You will see the amount of space left on your phone under "Available". make sure that this is greater than the size of the file you are downloading.

I hope that helps!

smn p.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem. Plenty of space available. Same export settings. One set of .mp4 downloads fine to my iOS (9.2.1) device, the other .mp4s won't save. I've tried deleting the original file, confirming export settings, re-exporting. I've sent the sets with the identical export settings to two different people and they've had the exact same result when attempting to download. Seems like the two sets were encoded different after being synced Dropbox 

If you could provide a list of possible reasons why this would occur and solutions that we could attempt that would be great. Or, if it's native to the app, an in dialog solution would be cool. Just a thought.

I was really excited that I found this thread but kinda disappointed that the suggestion didn't offer any follow ups if the first wasn't successful 😐. Now I have to wait. Which delays my workflow. Which is frustrating. I hope you can empathizs

Here's a screenshot of the dialog box. 

smn p.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

></p>

smn p.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Didn't work. Now I'm sad 😔. Why do you want me to be sad Dropbox? What did I do? 😢

smn p.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Ok, I recompressed the unsuccessful sets into smaller file sizes and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks for watching folks 😅

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

smn p. New member | Level 1
    Mariedb Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?