cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: drop box couldn't load photos because apple iphone may be locked

drop box couldn't load photos because apple iphone may be locked

Mivasair
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox couldn't import photos because Apple iPhone may be locked -- this comes up every time and I have not found a way around it.  I am stuck!  How can I set Dropbox and my iPhone so it automatically finds new photos and videos and imports them?  It used to do this but stopped.Device is locked.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Mivasair - sorry to hear about this. 

As you probably know, the message you are seeing is generated by Apple to keep your information safe meaning that your device needs to be told to “Trust" the computer you are plugging into before Dropbox will be able to read any information from that device.

Could you please try the steps that Apple recommends to make sure that your device is trusted by your computer? To do this: 

• Plug your device into your computer
  • Your computer will report that your device is locked
  • On your mobile device, you should see a message that asks if you'd like to trust the computer that you are plugged into
  • Tap “Trust" on your mobile device. 

Many users have reported that it can take several attempts before the mobile device will fully register that you trust the computer, so you may need to try the steps above more than once.

If you do not see the “Trust” prompt on your mobile device, follow these additional steps:

• Connect your device to the computer
  • Respond to the question you see on your computer to allow your device to access iTunes
  • You should now see the prompt on your device asking you if you would like to trust the computer. 

After your device registers that the computer is trusted, you should be able to use Dropbox to download your photos.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted on your findings!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Mivasair - sorry to hear about this. 

As you probably know, the message you are seeing is generated by Apple to keep your information safe meaning that your device needs to be told to “Trust" the computer you are plugging into before Dropbox will be able to read any information from that device.

Could you please try the steps that Apple recommends to make sure that your device is trusted by your computer? To do this: 

• Plug your device into your computer
  • Your computer will report that your device is locked
  • On your mobile device, you should see a message that asks if you'd like to trust the computer that you are plugged into
  • Tap “Trust" on your mobile device. 

Many users have reported that it can take several attempts before the mobile device will fully register that you trust the computer, so you may need to try the steps above more than once.

If you do not see the “Trust” prompt on your mobile device, follow these additional steps:

• Connect your device to the computer
  • Respond to the question you see on your computer to allow your device to access iTunes
  • You should now see the prompt on your device asking you if you would like to trust the computer. 

After your device registers that the computer is trusted, you should be able to use Dropbox to download your photos.

I hope this helps and please keep me posted on your findings!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

lcorteen
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi there

I have this issue and have carried out the solution (above) and the issue is not resolved.

I have an iphone 7 with IOS 12.1.3 (just updated and restarted).

I have a dell with itunes installed 12.9.3.3; dropbox preferences are set to import photos and videos to dropbox with dropbox 65.4.177 installed; windows 10 operating

This is what I've tried:

-restarting my laptop

-your suggestion above

-a different usb cable

-dropbox syncing paused and resumed

-resetting security settings on iphone and trusting this computer (again) 

Please help.  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that @lcorteen - have you tried this several times as I mention in my original response? 

Another thing you could try in this case is reinstalling our desktop app. 

While we're at it, do you happen to use our mobile app on your iPhone? 

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

lcorteen
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Walter

Yes tried multiple x multiple times

I don't have the app on my phone

Just reinstalled and tried again.  Same deal

Thanks for your help

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear this persists; could you try an advanced re-install to attempt to fix this @lcorteen?

If that does not help let me know and I'll reach out via email to your Dropbox associated email address so we can work on this together. 

Thanks for your cooperation and patience so far!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Steve12345
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi walter I Have the same fault and have tried everything also, none of the solutions above work 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that Steve - have you tried my suggested steps mentioned in the accepted solution on this very same thread? 

If you did already, I'd kindly advise repeating the first part one more time as many users have reported that it can take several attempts before the mobile device will fully register that you trust the computer, so you may need to try the steps above more than once.

If that doesn't help, you can go ahead and log a ticket with our team so we can have a further look into this with all of our tools available (you can let me know the ticket ID here so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap). 

Thanks in advance!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?