cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I transfer photos from iMac to Dropbox?

SOLVED
1 Comment
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: how do I transfer photos from iMac to Dropbox?

Hi

Go to the folder on your iMac that the photos are in
Copy (or move) them to the 'Dropbox' folder if you have installed the software from www.dropbox.com/downloading

Note that this is a local folder on your machine like all others. So, when you copy the photos you are creating a physical copy on your HDD which will use up space. It also will have no link, at all, back to the original location - so changes in one of the folders wont change the files elsewhere.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

1 Reply
Solution
Super User II

Re: how do I transfer photos from iMac to Dropbox?

Hi

Go to the folder on your iMac that the photos are in
Copy (or move) them to the 'Dropbox' folder if you have installed the software from www.dropbox.com/downloading

Note that this is a local folder on your machine like all others. So, when you copy the photos you are creating a physical copy on your HDD which will use up space. It also will have no link, at all, back to the original location - so changes in one of the folders wont change the files elsewhere.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible!