cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I resize photos in my Dropbox account?

How can I resize photos in my Dropbox account?

jeimyg2000
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to use your own software on your computer to this and then upload the edited files to Dropbox. You cannot do it online at www.dropbox.com

[Moderator Note: You should be able to do this via a 3rd party integration like Pixlr. You may be able to find other integrations that help with editing photos in our App Center.]

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You need to use your own software on your computer to this and then upload the edited files to Dropbox. You cannot do it online at www.dropbox.com

[Moderator Note: You should be able to do this via a 3rd party integration like Pixlr. You may be able to find other integrations that help with editing photos in our App Center.]

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ameejade
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have photos on Dropbox which I need to resize to 2000 pixels wide and then send via Dropbox. What can I use to resize the pictures? Thank you

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I suggest googling Ameejade... thats not something you can do with Dropbox and it is very OS dependent.

Arubangirl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was downloading pictures and an icon came up from Dropbox that asked if the size of the picture was okay. It resized all my pictures so that the following pictures are all the size of the one I changed. What can I do to change it back?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
That isnt Dropbox that did that - its another app. Dropbox has no such capability.

However, as long as the originals had uploaded to Dropbox you can recover them via https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/recover-older-versions

Arubangirl
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It doesn' look like it changed back to my original version. Do I have to try and do that per picture or is there a faster way of doing it for the entire folder?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Arubangirl New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Ameejade New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?