cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Submit your story to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a Dropbox hoodie! Ends Nov. 16
Known issues updated Learn more
1 Comment
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 2

i can't retrieve my picture's usin laptop

Hi i have issues that i can't retrieve back my photos using my laptop, i registered with dropbox almost 5yrs, and now that i want to check on my photo's which i downloaded the app on my laptop and after installing it shows nothing like the pictures are lost. please help me rectify the problem. thanks

1 Reply
Dropboxer

Re: i can't retrieve my picture's usin laptop

Hey @Asic - sorry to hear that - let's see into this together.

First off, is your desktop application showing "Up to date" when you hover your mouse over the little Dropbox icon in your taskbar (Windows) or menu bar (Mac)?

If you remember exact file names, can you please browse your account online and try searching for them using our website's search function? Do you see them anywhere? In your Deleted Files page maybe?

Another thing I would do if I were you would be to have a look in the Events page as this is the place where any additions,edits or deletions of files are logged normally and could point you to the right direction. You can see more about this here

If you still cannot find those photos, could it be possible that you have another account under another email address? 

Let me know if any of my suggestions helped and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Photos and Videos.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post