Did you mean: 
Announcements
Top kudoed members this week! See now

iOS 11 Burst Photos are not uploaded reliably

4 Comments
0 Kudos
Level 4

iOS 11 Burst Photos are not uploaded reliably

Once I take Burst Photo on the iPhone/iPad, the first photo of a burst is uploaded. Which is fine. Once I edit a burst and select say three photos, it would cause the whole burst to disappear from the iPhone/iPad and three "new" photos to be recorded to Camera Roll. I would expect these photos to be uploaded to Dropbox, which usually does not happen. 

Could this be fixed, please? Or am I missing something?

4 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: iOS 11 Burst Photos are not uploaded reliably

Hi @RRiha
Before you upgraded to iOS 11, did this work? Let me know when you get a chance, and I’ll let our team know. 
Thanks! 

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Highlighted
Level 4

Yes, it did.

On iOS 10.X it did work like this:

1. Once I made a burst, it was properly reflected as one item in “Bursts” album on the iPad/iPhone and the first photo from that burst was saved to Dropbox/Camera Uploads.

2. Once I opened a burst via “Select...” on the iPad/iPhone to make the selection of photos to be saved out from the burst, all photos, selected to be kept on the iPad/iPhone, were properly saved out to Dropbox/Camera Uploads. I never missed single one.

On iOS 11 it is not reliable - sometimes all photos are saved as expected, sometimes some are missing. 

I suspect it might be related to its dates: once a photo, selected to be saved out, is timewise too close to the original one, it is not recognized as new. But this is just a suspicion, I did not make testing thorough enough.

Dropboxer

@RRiha, thank you for the detailed explanation! 

This is certainly something that I would like to get into our support system, so that our team can take a closer look. Would you mind submitting a support request here, so that one of our agents can investigate? I sure would appreciate it winking face

Cheers

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 4

Thanks for your help, support request posted.