Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S Live photos

6 Comments
18 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

iPhone 6S Live photos

Hi,

are there any news with support of new iPhone 6s Live photos feature?

I would be happy if they were just backed up, don't need any fancy UI.

Thanks,

Robert

6 Replies
Level 2

Re: iPhone 6S Live photos

I second the motion of Dropbox support for Live Photos. Right now I have duplicates and videos of flattened Live Photos plus the video clip. It's getting messy and hopefully I don't need to rely on iCloud only for backing up these photos b

Level 2

Hey Dropbox.  It would be good to get some kind of comment here.  Just got my new iPhone and now am dealing with backing up Live Photos, too.  My strong preference is to keep everything on Dropbox and I have no desire to use iCloud Photo Library, but this could force in the iCloud direction.  Please comment.  Otherwise we are forced to believe you have no plan.  Thanks, Stan

Super User II

It would be good to get some kind of comment here.

Dropbox does not release time frames for possible upcoming features.

Level 2

Ok Rich.  Have you heard anything?

Level 1

I don't want to move away from Dropbox either, but this missing feature is pushing me away. Google Photos now supports Live Photos. I'll probably switch to that soon. It's better that iCloud and now better than Dropbox. Google Photos has two options for backing up: high quality unlimited for free and original quality for varying costs. Both of those options offer some great photo management and features - worth a look. Dropbox isn't responding.

Level 2

I agree with Tim. Removing the Free Up Space in iPhone feature in Carousel, and not replacing it, and a year later no Live Photos support. Things are moving backwards. Any kind of update would be nice