Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 "Can't find photos"

58 Comments
70 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

iPhone 7 "Can't find photos"

I started having problems syncing photos with Dropbox a couple weeks ago; I assume it was with the update on 28 March.

When I go into Dropbox and to the Photos tab it now says:

Camera Upload      151 left
Can't find photos

I'm using an iPhone 6.

Strangely when I check Dropbox, the latest photos have been uploaded (even ones taken today), but I'm not sure if previous photos or video have been missing, what that error means, or how to rectify it.

Thanks

58 Replies
Level 1

Re: iPhone 7 "Can't find photos"

Same problem here></p>

Level 1

I am having the same problem.

Level 1

></p>
<p>Same problem here</p>

Super User II

Have you checked that Dropbox has permission to access your photos via the Settings menu of the iPhone?

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 1

Yes, and photos and videos do upload... Yet that alert message shows up before and after uploading

Level 1

Same here...

Level 1

I am having the same problem. Dropbox needs to chime in and answer this soon. If you search the forum you will see people complaining of this issue for a long time  

Since you discontinued Carousel we can only use the Dropbox camera upload feature. It is incredibly important that we trust our photos are backed up and shouldn't have to keep checking to confirm.

Constantly seeing that error is not acceptable. 

></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Level 1

This started happening to me since Monday, April 18th. Some photos will start uploading and then it'll randomly show "Can't find photos".

I've tried signing in/out the app, deleting and re-downloading it, rr-checking all permissions, and even restarting/rebooting my phone (6+s) a couple of times.

One thing that seemed to work is scrolling through pics and playing vids that recently uploaded. Once I've down that it would start uploading again but for a short while it will revert back to the "Can't find photos" displaying.

Level 1

Same issue, this is ridiculous.....