Did you mean: 

photo sort changed in link sent in email

SOLVED
1 Comment
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 2

photo sort changed in link sent in email

I copied photos to a Dropbox folder with a sort by date taken.  I renamed each photo and "told" the story.   

In Dropbox, everything is fine.  I copied the link to an email and checked it after I sent the email.  The link sort had changed to a sort by name, thus undoing my timeline.

How do I get the link sort to remain as it is in Dropbox?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: photo sort changed in link sent in email

The local folder sorting options are, I'm afraid, exactly that - local to that one computer and device only.

To get them to be different elsewhere you need to rename the files into the order you want (e.g. 001 as the first one, 010 as the tenth etc.)

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

1 Reply
Solution
Super User II

Re: photo sort changed in link sent in email

The local folder sorting options are, I'm afraid, exactly that - local to that one computer and device only.

To get them to be different elsewhere you need to rename the files into the order you want (e.g. 001 as the first one, 010 as the tenth etc.)

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible!