Did you mean: 

trouble uploading panoramic images

SOLVED
1 Comment
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 2

trouble uploading panoramic images

I create some panoramas in my photography work, and about half the time I try uploading any image that I've stitched together from multiple images, it doesn't work.  After uploading there is no preview thumbnail, just the blank generic gray box.  And no preview can be viewed.  And sharing it doesn't work.  I'm trying to get some sent to a client, so any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User

Re: trouble uploading panoramic images

Hello, AtomImages...

What file extension are you assigning to the panoramic image after you stitch the photos together (eg: png, jpg, tif, etc)?  It seems as though the extension you're using for the panoramic images are not being recognized by Dropbox once uploaded.

Otherwise, if your images can be viewed on your computer vs Dropbox, then have your clients download the images from Dropbox to their computer hard drive to view them.  There are limitations for viewing files via your web browser.

Please take a look at this Help Center article to read which image file extensions can be previewd by Dropbox.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

• What types of files can I store or view on Dropbox?  This shows you the types of files that can be previewed from the website (including any file limitations).  Be aware that if the files are password protected then you won't be allowed to preview them.
1 Reply
Solution
Super User

Re: trouble uploading panoramic images

Hello, AtomImages...

What file extension are you assigning to the panoramic image after you stitch the photos together (eg: png, jpg, tif, etc)?  It seems as though the extension you're using for the panoramic images are not being recognized by Dropbox once uploaded.

Otherwise, if your images can be viewed on your computer vs Dropbox, then have your clients download the images from Dropbox to their computer hard drive to view them.  There are limitations for viewing files via your web browser.

Please take a look at this Help Center article to read which image file extensions can be previewd by Dropbox.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

• What types of files can I store or view on Dropbox?  This shows you the types of files that can be previewed from the website (including any file limitations).  Be aware that if the files are password protected then you won't be allowed to preview them.