cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos are not playing on the Dropbox site

Videos are not playing on the Dropbox site

Leslie M.1
New member | Level 2

I have a few videos on my dropbox and now they won't play. They just show that wheel that seems to imply something is "loading," but the videos never play in the end. Is this an issue with my computer? Or Dropbox?

18 Replies 18

Stefanie
Dropbox Staff

Hi Leslie,

Thanks a lot for posting in the forum.

Do I understand correctly that those videos aren't playing on the Dropbox website for you? If so, iId recommend giving it a try in a different browser to make sure there aren't any issues with Javascript for example.

Thanks for trying this out.

Best,
Sofia

Nicola W.2
New member | Level 1

I have the same problem and it is not a browser issue. The wheel just keeps going and going but nothing ever comes from it. Now given, I do have a lot of files on Dropbox, but I have paid for the storage and I want to be able to access my files at any time. Any other help you can advise Sofia or anyone else??

Samuel A.10
New member | Level 1

I have the app downloaded on my phone and none of the videos will play. They all load then say "can't play video" help meeee

V & A D.
New member | Level 1

I'm having the same problem. Anyone get any resolution?

Mark
Super User II

Make sure you have an appropriate app on your device to play them

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

V & A D.
New member | Level 1

It's the same phone I shot the video on to start with. They played fine in the past!

Taylor E.
New member | Level 1

I have this same issue I think. The files I put on dropbox work on the original computer(mac) but once they're passed through dropbox to my other computer(also mac), they won't play. Quicktime says it can't find video data in the file.... Seems like somewhere along the way, dropbox changed the files... Help!

Deanna S.
New member | Level 1

Generally speaking, over five years my experience is Dropbox works fine on a pc, but not so well on other smaller devices.  

I had trouble with one .wmv file refusing to play on anything other than my pc.  The video played fine on my computer, but I could not share it with anyone, even with myself via an email link.  

I tried several things which did not work, but finally went back to Photoshop and re-did the Output.  Then it was able to be sent as a shared link.  I conclude the glitch was in the output file, not a Dropbox problem.

The file took five minutes to load an a Samsung S5.  Then played perfectly.

The file loaded quickly on Samsung Tab 2, but played with blurring photos.

Moral: stick with pc for Dropbox videos.

David K.24
New member | Level 1

Uploaded some videos but dropbox won't play them! I have tried a different browser and re imported the item and still no good! not much point in having dropbox if the video doesn't play, by the way i am using a mac if anyone has a solution?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

David K.24 New member | Level 1
    Deanna S. New member | Level 1
    Taylor E. New member | Level 1
    V & A D. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?