Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Cannot download files on Windows 10 PC

Level 4

Hi there, 

Summary:

I seem to be having a serious issue downloading files on my PC. I can download them on my phone but when I try my PC, it gets stuck. 

1. I have the Dropbox windows store app installed. It's usually pretty easy to download through it which is why I use all the time. Over the last day, when I try to download through it, it gets stuck. I have unistalled and reinstalled it but the issue persits. 

2. I tried using Edge and it got stuck as well. Eventually tried chrome which also got stuck however, I have managed to download a small file by constantly resuming the failed upload. It took almost 30 mins to download a 50 MB file. I am currently trying to download a 1GB file and it keeps telling me 7 days! 

3. I have no problem downloading other things off my browser, the windows store etc. I can also easily upload files to dropbox

As I said earlier, I have no problem downloading on my phone and it uses the same WiFi network as my PC. Is this a problem others are experiencing or could there be a problem with my PC? Please, any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

14 Replies

Re: Cannot download files on Windows 10 PC

Level 2

I have same problem with download , constant breaking  up - resuming,  download speed goes around 1.2 mbs (i have 50mb/s) everything was great few hours ago, download 5mb/s

now... so bad.

Level 3

I assume, by downloading,  you are doing so through your dropbox app. Maybe you can try to actually download the file from Dropbox web portal.

Level 2

I try both, same issue

Level 4

Yes that's what I have been trying to do through both web browsers I use, Chrome and Edge. The result is still the same however on chrome if i wait long enough and it fails I can resume it which will download another MB or so then it gets stuck again. 

Dropboxer

Would you all mind trying the steps mentioned previously in this thread here and letting me know if they see any difference in the behaviour you’re seeing regarding downloads?

Let me know what you find - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 4

Hi there. This is the exact issue I am having trying to download JPG files which I already created a thread for. Thank god I am not the only one. I already got a support case open so hopefully this can get looked at and resolved soon.

Level 4

I meet same issue. Download speed is too slow(3.2KB/sec). 
By the way, there was no problem until yesterday.
Here is South Korea.

Level 2

Same issue. Too bad 

Level 4

@Daphne Thanks for your response. I have tried all that and the result is still the same. Now it is impossible for me to upload big files via the windows 10 app or through a browser (I was able to upload a few pictures last night). I keep getting a message saying "Can't upload. Try again later". I am still able to download and upload on my iphone which uses the same network as my PC. 

Photos and videos

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Cannot download files on Windows 10 PC
14 Replies
2 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post